Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

http://www.ferrifresh.weebly.com

I wanted to share my experience with kara1015 who has ferrifresh farms.

In the past I ordered a dozen eggs from two different people, out of those 24 eggs I got 4 Ameraucana. They are beautiful but not a very good hatch rate even for eggs that were shipped.

Last month I saw Kara1015 on here and asked about buying eggs. She seemed very nice answering my questions and getting my order of 12 eggs shipped to me. She sent me the tracking number as well. When I got the box I was a bit worried because the post office had fun kicking it around or so it looked. Inside all 12 eggs were snug, wrapped in thick paper towel and the carton taped. Not one egg was broken!
Two days later I put them in the bator hoping against all hope that whichever 2 or 3 decided to hatch would be females.
Well it's been 23 days since I put those eggs in the bator. Here is my results: 1 egg red ring, 2 eggs did not grow. 9 eggs hatched!
Can you believe it???? I know I couldn't. All I have is a little giant styro bator and against all odds 9 of those Ameraucana eggs hatched!!!

In the picture to the left you see 6 chicks checking out their temp home for the week. On the right you can see the beautiful color and puffy cheeks
smile.png
. The other 3 having hatched late last night are still in the bator and will be added when they are ready.
I can't remember who recommended Kara1015 in a post but I am sure glad I read it and thrilled with my new babies all 9 of them
love.gif

Is it ok to post purebred Ameraucana sexing questions here or do they need to go in what breed/gender forum? I know these little things can be hard to sex!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I bought a Blue Ameraucana chick from a man that has a poultry farm. He also sells Easter Egger's but they are in a separate pen.
Anywho, I few days ago.. I noticed my chick looked a little off.

This check is tailless/rumpless! I used my finger to poke above it's fecal opening and notice that the area is bare, meaning there is no bone there. There's just a hole where it's tail is supposed to be. It also doesn't have beard.. what does this mean?!

Ok! I have 7 BBS Ameraucanas. They are around 8-9 weeks. I was wondering if I could have some help with sexing. They came from a local breeder I found through list of breeders by state.

Number 1:

Hi everyone!

I bought a Blue Ameraucana chick from a man that has a poultry farm. He also sells Easter Egger's but they are in a separate pen.
Anywho, I few days ago.. I noticed my chick looked a little off.

This check is tailless/rumpless! I used my finger to poke above it's fecal opening and notice that the area is bare, meaning there is no bone there. There's just a hole where it's tail is supposed to be. It also doesn't have beard.. what does this mean?!
Not an Ameraucana. Sorry, but no muffs, no beard, and no tail means that it's not an Ameraucana. Araucana are rumpless, but I think this chick is a genetic anomally

Back
Top Bottom