Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

More of the silver AM's are starting to lay and the saturation is getting better.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Those eggs are gorgeous. Do you have any pictures of your silver Ameraucana hens? I'd love so a picture of one since google is so unreliable.

Those eggs are gorgeous. Do you have any pictures of your silver Ameraucana hens? I'd love so a picture of one since google is so unreliable.

I bribed with scratch to get these pictures. The one inside their coop is dark, but I wanted to show the rose color breast the pullets/hens have.

@RavynFallen - I didn't realize that egg was speckled until I saw it in the picture!

Well, guys, I know I've been MIA for several weeks - been slammed with Club duties and getting ready for the Spring hatches to start. So, let me see if I can get caught back up here.

@Chicken5555 - that cockerel looks very nice! When are you going to bring him out to a show? ;)

Oh..speaking of shows, I went to the North East Georgia Poultry Fanciers show this weekend and had a great time. The folks there really know how to put on a show! Very well organized! I'll definitely be heading back that way come next January. There were 14 Ameraucana LF entered, but only 13 cooped in. It was a double show, with Ben Porter judging the first show and Tom Carey judging the second and Brian Caraker judging the Junior show. Here are a couple of pics:

First Show - BB Black K by Susan Mouw
Second Show - Reserve CH AOSB BB Black K by Susan Mouw
@RavynFallen - this is Sebastien. :)

First Show - RB BV Buff K by Stan Alder

Second show - RB BV Wheaten K by Susan Mouw
This boy hatched late last April, so he's got some finishing to do.

A young man, Thomas Wilkerson, entered in Juniors with his blue cockerel (acquired from Sand Castles Farm last summer, bred by Sharon Yorks), for his first show and went home with Best of Breed, and Junior CH AOSB!

Congratulations to the new birds and new eggs I saw folks getting.

Last edited:
I have ONE .. LOL.
I just realized my 2 blue ameraucana girls are actually boys, I'm so disappointed! I already have a black Ameraucana cockerel, and my flock is too small to have that many roosters. Now I have to try to find homes for them!

newly hatched
Chicks092509002.jpg

2weeks
Chicks100509005.jpg

Chicks100709002.jpg

3.5 weeks
chicks102109017.jpg

Chicks101809006.jpg

4.5 weeks
102409a006.jpg

102409005.jpg

And the realization sinks in ...  he's a boy.

Any help on the color would be great ..  he's either wheaten or blue wheaten or splash weaten..

I just realized my 2 blue Ameraucana girls are actually boys. Its so disappointing! I already have a black Ameraucana cockerel that is 24 weeks old. Now I have to find new homes for these two little guys because my flock is too small for that many roosters! It stinks! I'm in love with the blue eggs and was so looking forward to when these 2supposed girls would start laying :( (big sigh)

Well, guys, I know I've been MIA for several weeks - been slammed with Club duties and getting ready for the Spring hatches to start. So, let me see if I can get caught back up here. @Chicken5555 - that cockerel looks very nice! When are you going to bring him out to a show? ;) Oh..speaking of shows, I went to the North East Georgia Poultry Fanciers show this weekend and had a great time. The folks there really know how to put on a show! Very well organized! I'll definitely be heading back that way come next January. There were 14 Ameraucana LF entered, but only 13 cooped in. It was a double show, with Ben Porter judging the first show and Tom Carey judging the second and Brian Caraker judging the Junior show. Here are a couple of pics: First Show - BB Black K by Susan Mouw Second Show - Reserve CH AOSB BB Black K by Susan Mouw @RavynFallen - this is Sebastien. :) First Show - RB BV Buff K by Stan Alder Second show - RB BV Wheaten K by Susan Mouw This boy hatched late last April, so he's got some finishing to do. A young man, Thomas Wilkerson, entered in Juniors with his blue cockerel (acquired from Sand Castles Farm last summer, bred by Sharon Yorks), for his first show and went home with Best of Breed, and Junior CH AOSB! Congratulations to the new birds and new eggs I saw folks getting.
Sounds like it was a great show, Susan! Your boys look great and so does Stan's! Love Sebastien! :love Really like hearing about the Junior classes doing well and getting a great start with a great breed... :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom