Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:

Between the the person and I that split the order we lost 23 chicks...its was sooooooo sad.

What on earth happened to them!?!?
ep.gif

Quote:
Between the the person and I that split the order we lost 23 chicks...its was sooooooo sad.

ep.gif

They had the worst paste butt ever and seemed to waste away no matter what we did. I have never EVER lost soooo many chicks. I may lose one or two a hatching season...like 2 out of 100. Don't know if it was the stress or they came with something but they all went down hill around day 5 and never recovered. Of course we did constant butt washings, baby vitamins and lots of tlc but they all perished.
hit.gif
and John never answered my email....

Last edited:
Wow, we had the same experience! We had a few days there where I was taking 8-10 dead chicks out a day. It was terrible, but I figured it was not just something I was doing wrong since it was mostly wheatens. I think we only lost maybe one silver and no blacks at all.

chicks&kids :

Wow, we had the same experience! We had a few days there where I was taking 8-10 dead chicks out a day. It was terrible, but I figured it was not just something I was doing wrong since it was mostly wheatens. I think we only lost maybe one silver and no blacks at all.

Did you send John an email?​

Quote:
ep.gif

They had the worst paste butt ever and seemed to waste away no matter what we did. I have never EVER lost soooo many chicks. I may lose one or two a hatching season...like 2 out of 100. Don't know if it was the stress or they came with something but they all went down hill around day 5 and never recovered. Of course we did constant butt washings, baby vitamins and lots of tlc but they all perished.
hit.gif
and John never answered my email....

Didn't IvyWoods have a pasty butt problem with her wheatens too? I swear- it was just the wheatens out of a mixed order. Something's going on there
sad.png
So sorry- that's so sad
hugs.gif

Hi Amy~
Here is a shot of the first 3 Lav Ams hatched from your eggs + one of the Am x OE's...
I have another Lav in the 'bator that has hatched and another pipped - that will make 5/8 so far...
Have also hatched 3/4 of the f2 OE's
smile.png

Steve
50610_first3out.jpg

Back
Top Bottom