American serama thread!

Hello! I recently hatched my first Serama ( 1 out of 7 eggs). Love that little frizzy baby. She was lonely so I bought 3 more. I can't wait for them to lay eggs so I can add more of these to my flock!

my little serama roo nugget is very sick .. can anyone help me out here.. hes just all puffed up holding wings outward a bit from body .. pale comb and wattles .. runnyish very smelly poop.. very lethargic.. I thought maybe heat exhaustion ( this started yesterday afternoon) so I sat him in a bowl of cool water (not cold) to regulate his body temp some and forced some Gatorade and water with antibiotics and a vitamin electrolyte solution.. I been giving the fluids reg til about 1130 pm then again this morning ill go home for lunch and do more.. he will eat tiny bits from my hand but not at all if I just set his bowl down..also I did check for mites as a friend suggested I don't see any signs of mites ..

my little serama roo nugget is very sick .. can anyone help me out here.. hes just all puffed up holding wings outward a bit from body .. pale comb and wattles .. runnyish very smelly poop.. very lethargic.. I thought maybe heat exhaustion ( this started yesterday afternoon) so I sat him in a bowl of cool water (not cold) to regulate his body temp some and  forced some Gatorade and water with antibiotics and a vitamin electrolyte solution.. I been giving the fluids reg til about 1130 pm then again this morning ill go home for lunch and do more.. he will eat tiny bits from my hand but not at all if I just set his bowl down..also I did check for mites as a friend suggested I don't see any signs of mites ..

Need a whole lot more info please....How old is he? How hot is is by you? Is he in A/C now?
From what you have said so far it sorta sounds like heat stroke so IF he is in A/C now lets see how he is when you come home from lunch :love

Hes about a yr old .. hes in a cooler more shady area bc i was told not to bring him in ac that it could " shock" his system if he had overheated ..but i can bring him in.. I'm in nc so its been hot ...prob 90s at least .. today was 80s but Sunday wjen he got sick was soo hot

Hes about a yr old .. hes in a cooler more shady area bc i was told not to bring him in ac that it could " shock" his system if he had overheated ..but i can bring him in.. I'm in nc so its been hot ...prob 90s at least .. today was 80s but Sunday wjen he got sick was soo hot

When they get overheated like that, you gotta get that body temperature down STAT. And you probably have nasty humidty too... A/C is OK if they are over heated. :love

Meet my new boy (and very first Serama!).. his name is José and I hope he will be the start of a little breeding program :)

He is super sweet, likes to be held and has already settled in with a bunch of my young bantams.

Back
Top Bottom