American serama thread!

I have been working on a design that works well for seramas. I have a harness design that works excellent and an working on a diaper that attaches to the harnesses.

I am currently Serama-less after last weeks tragedies, but am still following the thread.

Here is the one baby that hatched out of the three eggs my hen abandoned 3 days to hatch day. So I am babying this little baby. She is tiny but doesnt let her size slow her down!

First hatched.

In the brooder. She is less than 24 hours old here. She is 2 days old today.

Wow, LASeramas, that guy looks like Mr. Universe, LOL!

Tripp16, your baby is so adorable, I love it's spots!

Well, I lost another chick last night, but the other 3 made it. I had to help them out as they were getting shrink wrapped despite my attempts at keeping them moist. So I have 3 chicks, which I am very thankful for. They all seem healthy. On one, I didn't notice it had part of it's egg attached to it's head. It is an unfortunate thing as she/he now has the name egg head. I can't resist!

And I took a quick picture of the 3 next to my eldest Serama, who is now 2 weeks old. They grow pretty fast, eh?

Last edited:

Well, I lost another chick last night, but the other 3 made it. I had to help them out as they were getting shrink wrapped despite my attempts at keeping them moist. So I have 3 chicks, which I am very thankful for. They all seem healthy. On one, I didn't notice it had part of it's egg attached to it's head. It is an unfortunate thing as she/he now has the name egg head. I can't resist!

And I took a quick picture of the 3 next to my eldest Serama, who is now 2 weeks old. They grow pretty fast, eh?
Wow! They do grow fast!! Congrats!!

Yah, I know. I was kind of hoping I could put them together, but they're so much smaller! Besides, Harry (hope he's a boy, LOL) really likes his Sultan friends. But they seem to be out-growing him, so I'm not so sure if he will always be able to hold his own against them, especially if they turn out to be large fowl, and not bantam. I really think they're large fowl as they're still the same size as my Crevecoeurs which they came with and which are supposed to be large fowl :(

Well, I lost another chick last night, but the other 3 made it.  I had to help them out as they were getting shrink wrapped despite my attempts at keeping them moist.  So I have 3 chicks, which I am very thankful for.  They all seem healthy.  On one, I didn't notice it had part of it's egg attached to it's head.  It is an unfortunate thing as she/he now has the name egg head.  I can't resist!

And I took a quick picture of the 3 next to my eldest Serama, who is now 2 weeks old.  They grow pretty fast, eh?

Congrats! I can't wait to see them when they are all nice and dried off.

Back
Top Bottom