Ancona Ducks

Pics
I wanted to add an update on my Ancona kids.
love.gif

Our original two ended up both being males, so we added a couple girls to the mix. All four of our Anconas came from learycow.

Top to bottom:
- Freckles (who was attacked this past Summer and healed beautifully!), male
- (still unnamed), female
- Blinky, female
- Patches, male

They all look so happy together
wee.gif

love.gif

Our original two ended up both being males, so we added a couple girls to the mix. All four of our Anconas came from learycow.

Top to bottom:
- Blinky, female
- Patches, male

love.gif

Top to bottom:
- Blinky, female
- Patches, male
Please send me some eggs, Learycrow! Gorgeous. I love the high spots.

Last edited:
Please send me some eggs, Learycrow! Gorgeous. I love the high spots.
I am getting things set up to separate my anconas this weekend. I will wait a few weeks and then have pure ancona hatching eggs to sell if you are interested!
My flock consists of black and white, blue and white, and lavender and white. (no chocolates as I am not a fan of the brown!)
I also breed for speckles and spotting. I don't care too much for the heavy big spots, I like more patches and smaller spots all over.

Me too! Here is my favorite drake in the middle:

I love those little scallops that seem to pepper their way up the breast. I was hoping for some blues, but all I have now are chocolates and blacks.
Let me know when they are good to go. Wasn't planning on hatching anything til spring, but the more I look at the Anconas, the more I want a really big flock.

Last edited:
Me too! Here is my favorite drake in the middle:

I love those little scallops that seem to pepper their way up the breast. I was hoping for some blues, but all I have now are chocolates and blacks.
Let me know when they are good to go. Wasn't planning on hatching anything til spring, but the more I look at the Anconas, the more I want a really big flock.

He is cute and it looks like he is well marked. I had the opposite problem with my spring hatch - I didn't hatch any blacks! Crazy, huh? I thought I had one black drake, but after the last molt, he is definitely blue. All chocolate, blue, and lavender. I bought two black ducklings locally so I had some black females.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom