Annoying

And btw, I know none if you really were rude or trying to be or anything but I just felt like I should explain I guess, especially since that oart was really the only part that git to me a little, but ya, i know none of you were trying to and i guess you're not wrong

First, I never said your ideas were stupid or you had no plans for your future. You chose to read that in. Now...you couldn't possibly be a bad kid because you are NOT a kid. You are an adult living like a kid. That is completely unfair to your parents. They shouldn't have to say things just to shut up the adult daughter taking full on advantage of their kindness and generosity. It is time to stop making mile long lists of excuses and start living like an adult. Oh, and just for the record, if my adult child even suggested they might volunteer their time instead of getting a job they would be getting an apartment and finding out just how far that volunteer work will carry them.

Last edited:
Today is my oldest son's 18th birthday. He has one more year of high school (we delayed kindergarten because he was a preemie) so he goes to school full time and he also works almost every day after school and the weekends. He EARNS all the money he needs for the extra things he wants. He has his future pretty well planned out and actually works toward those goals. So far you have shown that you just sit around thinking of the cool things in life (what breeds you want, how cute and fuzzy they will be, how fun it would be to work with animals...) and basically zero thought into the actual reality of being responsible for living creatures AND yourself since you are an adult or how (needed) changes in your future will impact your ability to care for them. If I found out my adult child was calling me names on a forum because I hadn't allowed them to lay yet another responsibility on my shoulders they would be getting a very quick wake up call. It's time for you to realize that is your parents home. If they want chickens they will get chickens. I am sorry if my post isn't quite as sweet as some, but honestly, you sound like my 4 y/o when I won't let him get a toy. Become a responsible adult and I guarantee you will have chickens if you want them.

Okay, sorry, maybe I did but surely it was slightly easy to infer from the above part? I don't know. I guess I did, sorry.

But okay, fine, I need to stop making excuses, but as for the kid part.. My brother is 24 and still lives at home too and is only just moving out in August or September, at which point he'll be 25. And that's the other thing - they don't HAVE to say anything to shut me up, it was a phrase. I don't literally sit here and beg for stuff. If they actually said no and meant it I listen so?

And as for the volunteer thing, I never said I ws going to or could live off that and I don't see why it's bad to volunteer?? It's literally one week one summer and it would all be.on the side anyways. I obviously plan.on having a job too... Nevee said I want to do that instead of getting a job

Last edited:
Also, I want to move out. It's not like I want to sit here forever and like living here more than I would on my own

I am sorry, I realize that most people on here were being incredibly kind and thoughtful toward you and your feelings and maybe I am not, so much. But you know, you are seriously a grown woman acting like a spoiled child. A lot of women your age are mothers, working and raising a family or going to college or just living alone and being self supporting. You are an adult! You are not your brother so his age is completely irrelevant. Right now I just feel for your parents. There is a lot wrong with volunteering when someone else has to support you. You said your brother worked a couple of sumners which leads me to believe that, at 21, you have never even had a job? I mean a real, full time, paying job. You could have gone down and applied at McDonalds instead of arguing with your parents about chickens.

There is nothing wrong with making a career out of training dogs. My niece is VERY success in the K-9 training level. She graduated from high school, went to work as a groomer. Worked full time while she earned her dog training credentials, worked her way up through the ranks, the whole while living independent from her family, a self-supporting, independent young lady. THEN she found her husband, they bought a house and she had a baby....... School, career established, then start having 'real' gun in life.

No one posting on this thread thinks you can't take care of yourself. We just think you need to get up off your butt and DO it.

PS. There is nothing wrong with volunteer work, either, while you are ACTIVELY looking for work, not waiting for a job to fall on your lap.

You CAN do this!

Last edited:
It's okay, I can kind of understand why, especially considering the original post was pretty immature and I did mention sitting around, which I maybe shouldn't have.

And I know that and was at school for a while but I don't know what happened, probably shouldn't have taken that year off I guess and need to start being more serious about looking into other schools. The other problem though is around here rent can be a lot and I wasn't sure on the strangers idea but I should probably look into that too.

And yeah I know it's irrelevant but I was just saying, especially since he's had a full time job and is pretty independent. Though I think for him it's more the cost than just not working. ,

But yeah, my younger brother washed dishes for two summers, the first job, and the other one has worked full time a couple years at 2 different places but yes, you're right, I personally have never had one.

I did feel out some applications and interviewed at Subway last year but nothing came of it and honestly I wasn't serious enough about it probably. I never applied to McDonald's because my friends that worked there hated it and said they were really mean but I guess a job is a job.

But now the dog thing is most likely happening and if it doesn't, I'll start applying elsewhere. It's hard though with nothing on the resume hah

I will also go ahead and say I still don't have my license either so it makes all this worse

There is nothing wrong with making a career out of training dogs. My niece is VERY success in the K-9 training level. She graduated from high school, went to work as a groomer. Worked full time while she earned her dog training credentials, worked her way up through the ranks, the whole while living independent from her family, a self-supporting, independent young lady. THEN she found her husband, they bought a house and she had a baby....... School, career established, then start having 'real' gun in life.

No one posting on this thread thinks you can't take care of yourself. We just think you need to get up off your butt and DO it.

PS. There is nothing wrong with volunteer work, either, while you are ACTIVELY looking for work, not waiting for a job to fall on your lap.

You CAN do this!

Thank you!!

That's awesome about your niece! That's probably about what I should be doing instead of sitting here. I honestly don't even go outside much lately.

You're right though, I keep saying all this stuff but still don't actually do it. Maybe I will clean or list more stuff today. Finally just showered though but ya.

And thanks ahar, you're right, I'm definitely not actively looking. Kind of gave up after the Subway thing i guess.

I'm pretty positive this thing is happening now thoug (been hearing about it for a while) so I will see if it does and if it doesn't within a few weeks or month, I'll apply again.

Thanks again

You need to stop waiting for things to happen FOR you. You need to grab your life and MAKE It happen!

You made some statements that make me think you may be suffering from a mild level of depression. If you don't want to discuss this on an open forum, I respect that.

I also don't think you brought all of this on yourself. There is such a thing as parents that enable..........

You need to stop waiting for things to happen FOR you. You need to grab your life and MAKE It happen!

You made some statements that make me think you may be suffering from a mild level of depression. If you don't want to discuss this on an open forum, I respect that.

I also don't think you brought all of this on yourself. There is such a thing as parents that enable..........

You're definitely right about that!! It's just that with this thing, I just told her I'd love to help this summer so I don't want to not be able to, you know? But I think I will try to find a job and/or college for after or at the least make normal daily stuff happen. I'd love to actually listen to the one of over 300 CDs I have lol

As for the second thing, I don't mind but won't go into detail just because it's not really what BYC is for/others might not want to ee it you know? But if you want yoy can message but if the following is good enough then that's fine too :) but anyways, I will just say that I'm pretty positive that you're right and even if not and if it's just laziness or whatever, I'm pretty sure I also have pretty bad OCD and anxiety but yeah. None of it's ever been officially diagnosed though but I'm pretty positive on at least those last two.

And thank you!

I mean, I will admit a lot of it's definitely my fault but my dad and brother always say my mom enables me. I never thought she did but I suppose she really sort of does because I do way more when they make me. Plus even though she's usually great when here, she also goes off a lot hahah

Back
Top Bottom