Any Home Bakers Here?

Apple in shortbread this morning cooked the apple down made the shortbread dough so simple layed it in the dish then apple pie from fresh granny smith apple cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in butter in the oven did the last with Cherry filling but had 6 granny smith to cook down all done almost cooled
005.jpg

Last edited:
Funny baking story today.

Was cooking French bread, after taking it out of the oven, I noticed that there was a problem. The bread did not hold it shape, and it did not rise whatsoever. It did not turn brown either. I decided not to risk eating it, and I threw it away.

So, I picked it up, and I notice that it would not Bend. It was very hard, and it was maintaining its shape even though I was holding one side.

Then, it happened. I threw it in the garbage can. Instantly, a loud thunk occurred at the bottom of the garbage can. The bread when it hit the floor on the garbage can literally sounded like I threw a stone brick on the floor. It was very hard. I looked in the garbage can, and it still maintained its shape!

I laughed really hard. I don't know what happened, but something made it turn rock hard. Regardless, it was very funny!

I have no idea what happened.

Jared

Was cooking French bread, after taking it out of the oven, I noticed that there was a problem. The bread did not hold it shape, and it did not rise whatsoever. It did not turn brown either. I decided not to risk eating it, and I threw it away.

So, I picked it up, and I notice that it would not Bend. It was very hard, and it was maintaining its shape even though I was holding one side.

Then, it happened. I threw it in the garbage can. Instantly, a loud thunk occurred at the bottom of the garbage can. The bread when it hit the floor on the garbage can literally sounded like I threw a stone brick on the floor. It was very hard. I looked in the garbage can, and it still maintained its shape!

I laughed really hard. I don't know what happened, but something made it turn rock hard. Regardless, it was very funny!

It either did not have yeast of the yeast did not proof. It happens!
Jared

Jared

Sounds like my sourdough time before looked fine but did not seem right both went in the compost

Back
Top Bottom