• salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • Dice ham and add
  • 9 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups half & half
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.

2. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3. In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.

4. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.

Making this for dinner tonight.

Hi all:frow

It's been eons.

Knowing all of you, I've got a bajillion yummy recipes to try out!

I finally have an oven:wee

This leads to my question. It has a proofing option. I've never had the opportunity to proof bread in an oven before. Would you recommend using the proofing feature with each rise or just the final one, once the loaves are in pans?

I've never had a crumpet. Do they taste like English muffins? (They look good by the way!)
You've never had a crumpet? You're missing out!
They're actually quite different than an English muffin. They're a lot less of a bread. Definitely moister. They're really hard to explain.

I don't know about there, but you can usually find them in the bread section in the grocery store. They're factory made and in sealed plastic, so you're getting a kind of crappy version, but still not bad. Just pop them in the toaster.
I don't know if it's still there, but when I lived in WA, I'd stop in at the crumpet shop on Pine (right by the main entrance to Pike Place Market) and buy fresh ones. Mmmmm

Back
Top Bottom