Any Home Bakers Here?

I tried my new yeast. It rises higher in my opinion then regular yeast. I hope it’s done all the way through as it was awful light when I dumped it out. It smells amazing though! I really should make more homemade bread so I can get good at it.
CB7E58A5-9C27-4D14-A9AA-B4C43C18C4B2.jpeg
498B4913-840E-46A2-8FB8-637F99E79061.jpeg 60A9D302-323D-4D1C-9648-F28B1FCF467D.jpeg

Hi all:frow

It's been eons.

Knowing all of you, I've got a bajillion yummy recipes to try out!

I finally have an oven:wee

This leads to my question. It has a proofing option. I've never had the opportunity to proof bread in an oven before. Would you recommend using the proofing feature with each rise or just the final one, once the loaves are in pans?
Quite often I use the proof option on my oven for both the initial rise and the final one. Works great.

Hi all:frow

It's been eons.

Knowing all of you, I've got a bajillion yummy recipes to try out!

I finally have an oven:wee

This leads to my question. It has a proofing option. I've never had the opportunity to proof bread in an oven before. Would you recommend using the proofing feature with each rise or just the final one, once the loaves are in pans?
It depends on how warm the house is. If it is 80 to 85, you do not need to use a proofing spot. Here in the summer I do not need to use my proofer. I do use it for the first rise though.

It is very helpful in the winter

are you posting the recipe please
I thought I had posted the crumpet recipe but do not see it in the index:

Sourdough Crumpets
Place 1 cup of (unfed) starter in a 4-cup measuring cup, or a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and baking soda. Whisk together.

Grease 4-inch crumpet rings (or eyeball the crumpet size) and place on a griddle/skillet on low/medium heat. Fill the rings with about 1/4-inch of batter (don’t overfill). Cook over low heat until the tops are set and full of holes and start to lose their shine. Remove the rings and flip the crumpets and cook the other side until lightly browned.
Cool on a rack and toast before serving to brown further and crisp. Eat with butter and jam.
Makes about 8

Note: Don’t need to use a crumpet ring—just make a circle with the dough.

It depends on how warm the house is. If it is 80 to 85, you do not need to use a proofing spot. Here in the summer I do not need to use my proofer. I do use it for the first rise though.

It is very helpful in the winter
Well.... considering that it's in the 50s here I guess that it's a good thing I used it.

Back
Top Bottom