Any Home Bakers Here?

Made the soup much smaller portion Son had a molar that had broke because a wisdom tooth pushed so hard on it no leftovers here
002.jpg
003.jpg

Oh, it's brown sugar. We bought a large bag of it at Costco, and once I opened it, I realized the bag didn't have a ziplock closure to help keep it fresh. I decided to store the brown sugar in these airtight jars in hopes that it will stay soft. Will need it for holiday baking!

I use gallon zip locks but bought a huge bag of baking soda use it in dog laundry but took some put the yeast in one, soda in another bought a 5 lb corn starch I now fill one instead

today am starting to make venison or deer bacon. made it once before turned out okay (a little strong tasting in the smoke and salt department)

right now got some brisket? maybe flank or belly meat. in a cure that i saw on the internet a while back. pretty much its just salt, pepper, cure and pumpkin spice.
i also trimmed all the fat off because this is a mule deer and the fat can tasty like sage.

So, on my four days off work, I usually try making a few extra meals and store them in the fridge/freezer for the weekend when I work. Frankly, after being gone for 14 hours a day, I don't feel like coming home and cooking, but we still enjoy having a home-cooked meal on those days. Today I tried a new recipe by Chef John (don't know if anyone here is familiar with him?), it's called American Goulash. After it cools off, I will store it for the weekend.
View attachment 1962846
Nice!

today am starting to make venison or deer bacon. made it once before turned out okay (a little strong tasting in the smoke and salt department)

right now got some brisket? maybe flank or belly meat. in a cure that i saw on the internet a while back. pretty much its just salt, pepper, cure and pumpkin spice.
i also trimmed all the fat off because this is a mule deer and the fat can tasty like sage.
You have been very busy!

Oh, it's brown sugar. We bought a large bag of it at Costco, and once I opened it, I realized the bag didn't have a ziplock closure to help keep it fresh. I decided to store the brown sugar in these airtight jars in hopes that it will stay soft. Will need it for holiday baking!
I use brown sugar rarely and was always finding it as hard as a brick when I needed it. I started folding up a paper towel, moisten it with water, place it in a sandwich bag with the flip over flap and place it inside the bag of brown sugar. I have never had any hard brown sugar since I started doing this.

Back
Top Bottom