Any Home Bakers Here?

I use a snap lock container and put a brown sugar bear into it. The bear and the air tight container keep the brown sugar fresh

View attachment 1963054

I have a terra cotta rooster in my brown sugar. It works great (as long as I remember to wet it down periodically).

I like the idea of bread or potato slices, never heard those before!

today am starting to make venison or deer bacon. made it once before turned out okay (a little strong tasting in the smoke and salt department)

right now got some brisket? maybe flank or belly meat. in a cure that i saw on the internet a while back. pretty much its just salt, pepper, cure and pumpkin spice.
i also trimmed all the fat off because this is a mule deer and the fat can tasty like sage.

Ever consider doing corned venison? From my experience with mule deer, it's quite tasty. Last time I shot a deer, October 11th, 2018, the first thing I made was corned venison because it was so good. I used a hind quarter.

Ever consider doing corned venison? From my experience with mule deer, it's quite tasty. Last time I shot a deer, October 11th, 2018, the first thing I made was corned venison because it was so good. I used a hind quarter.
i have been thinking about it.
the deer i am using is from last years season (its about a year old now so i want to use it up) am planning to maybe go white tail hunting this weekend. but i got some bear meat left i would like to try corning it. (its like a mix between beef and pork, i think its really good)

do you have a recipe for corned venison? that you would mind sharing? i would love to hear how you make yours.

i have been thinking about it.
the deer i am using is from last years season (its about a year old now so i want to use it up) am planning to maybe go white tail hunting this weekend. but i got some bear meat left i would like to try corning it. (its like a mix between beef and pork, i think its really good)

do you have a recipe for corned venison? that you would mind sharing? i would love to hear how you make yours.

Bear meat? That's something I've never tried. Did you get the bear hunting?

Back
Top Bottom