Any Home Bakers Here?

Angle finger recipe? What is that?
I wish I had a lot of people I could bake for. Just DH and myself, and I try my best to stay away from all those extra calories. Sometimes I ship it off to friends. I really should check with our local senior center and see if they'll take any of it. :)
It can be tough to cook for two!

I know ValarieJ wont mind me passing it on only we use walnuts crushed in the dough
Angel Fingers

Ingredients

1 lb butter, room temperature (salted)
1 cup powdered sugar (more for coating later)
5 cups flour
1/4 cup cold water
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups nuts (I use pecans)

Directions
In a stand mixer, cream butter and powdered sugar together well. Add vanilla, salt and then cold water. Slowly add flour until incorporated. After all this, mix in the nuts.

Form into fingers. Bake at 350-375 degrees (360 convection for me) for approx 15 min. (ovens vary) Roll in powdered sugar when warm and again when cool. Makes 10+ dozen.

Cold, snowy day today, but I am enjoying some hot soup for lunch.

Spiced Carrot and Pepper Soup

Ingredients:

2 Tbl olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
6 large red bell peppers
1 pound of carrots, thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika (sweet not hot)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbl harissa (optional)

In a large pot:

Heat the oil until hot and add the onions and garlic. Cook until lightly browned (approx 5-10 min). Add the peppers and cook until they are slightly softened (approx. 10 min). Add the carrots and cook for another 5 min. Add the spices and cook for 1 more minute. Add the salt and enough water to just cover the vegetables. Cover and simmer until veggies are tender (approx 25-30 min). Use an upright or immersion blender to puree until smooth. Stir in the harissa (optional).

Optional serving suggestions/ garnishes:

Chopped flat leaf parsley
Lemon wedges
A few spoonfuls of cooked couscous per bowl.

This makes quite a lot so DH and I usually halve the recipe since there are just the two of us in the house. The soup is good plain, with a little couscous for bulk, or (my favorite) with grilled cheese.

Ingredients:

2 Tbl olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
6 large red bell peppers
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbl harissa (optional)

In a large pot:

Heat the oil until hot and add the onions and garlic. Cook until lightly browned (approx 5-10 min). Add the peppers and cook until they are slightly softened (approx. 10 min). Add the carrots and cook for another 5 min. Add the spices and cook for 1 more minute. Add the salt and enough water to just cover the vegetables. Cover and simmer until veggies are tender (approx 25-30 min). Use an upright or immersion blender to puree until smooth. Stir in the harissa (optional).

Lemon wedges

This makes quite a lot so DH and I usually halve the recipe since there are just the two of us in the house. The soup is good plain, with a little couscous for bulk, or (my favorite) with grilled cheese.
Soup ONE of my favorite meal. Thanks for sharing. Aria

Ingredients:

2 Tbl olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
6 large red bell peppers
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbl harissa (optional)

In a large pot:

Lemon wedges

Thanks for the Recipe!

Thanks for the recipe okay admit the Harissa had me going googled it so good there we like spice.. There is no love a couscous here but rice be alright probably put some Beef or pork in it.. :confused:

To get harissa the first time I had to google then go to a big international foods store. But last year I made some harissa from scratch using local New Mexican red chiles. I gave it to family as Christmas gifts. It was fun!

But the bowl of soup I had for lunch didn’t have any harissa or couscous and it was delicious (if I say so myself).

Back
Top Bottom