Any Home Bakers Here?

Don't you need yeast to make sourdough though? I'm looking to make sandwich bread and have a recipe I like. I've never used a starter and need to do some research on them I must confess.
Sourdough is a yeast and lactobacillus culture. It has yeast in it. Ask Aria! My starter raises bread very well without adding yeast. That is because it is a hundred years old at least. It might be older but the origin was unknown to Carl. He got it from a lumber camp in Oregon when he was a teen. He died at over 80 years old years ago. The camp said it had been with them since the 1850s

I'm not prepared to pay $60 for yeast. We use 1 loaf of homemade bread a week and sometimes it's a struggle to use it all.

I have an extra 16-oz package of yeast and will send you a package. Will try to get it off in the mail today or tomorrow. It's the same kind I use all the time and works great!

I have an extra 16-oz package of yeast and will send you a package. Will try to get it off in the mail today or tomorrow. It's the same kind I use all the time and works great!
Thank you, please hold onto it NFC, you might need it. You bake far more than I do and you live in the boonies. I have a few loaves of bread and enough yeast to make a few loaves still. I'm getting some sourdough starter from @ronott1 and my husbands cousin and I are both trying the potato sourdough together, virtually of course. I'm learning a new skill, one that's obviously needed in tough times.

Thank you, please hold onto it NFC, you might need it. You bake far more than I do and you live in the boonies. I have a few loaves of bread and enough yeast to make a few loaves still. I'm getting some sourdough starter from @ronott1 and my husbands cousin and I are both trying the potato sourdough together, virtually of course. I'm learning a new skill, one that's obviously needed in tough times.

Let me know if you change your mind later, I have plenty and enough to share.

Back
Top Bottom