Any Home Bakers Here?

Good afternoon all. I found some apple cinnamon brioche that needed using up so I made a bread pudding. It's soaking up the custard for a while before baking
View attachment 2068180

Let me know when it's out of the oven and I'll come taste test it for you! You can just toss me some out the window.

@igorsMistress can I add apple to a bread pudding?
also do you let the bread sit for a day
I always soak the bread at least an hour in the custard mixture. I imagine if you slice the apples very thin or chop fairly small they will cook through just fine. I used this recipe today, was going to try it with leftover sourdough and maybe some craisins next. It's not overly sweet. Can't give a link but it's from NYT:
2 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
1/3 c sugar
Pinch salt
2 to 4 eggs

Slowly warm milk, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla just until butter is melted; cool.

Meanwhile grease a casserole dish, fill with 5 or 6 cups bread cubes, about 2".

Whisk 2 to 4 eggs into the cooled milk mixture, pour over bread. Bake 350 30 to 45 minutes.

I think the number of eggs is a personal preference based on how you like the custard. I used 5 pullet eggs figuring that's about 4 large. It was fine for us.

I'm not a big bread pudding fan either but it used up stuff and hubs likes it. I do too once in a while. Quick breakfast, add a couple slices of bacon on the side. Yummy!
20200330_140418.jpg
20200330_142148.jpg

I always soak the bread at least an hour in the custard mixture. I imagine if you slice the apples very thin or chop fairly small they will cook through just fine. I used this recipe today, was going to try it with leftover sourdough and maybe some craisins next. It's not overly sweet. Can't give a link but it's from NYT:
2 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
1/3 c sugar
Pinch salt
2 to 4 eggs

Slowly warm milk, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla just until butter is melted; cool.

Whisk 2 to 4 eggs into the cooled milk mixture, pour over bread. Bake 350 30 to 45 minutes.

I think the number of eggs is a personal preference based on how you like the custard. I used 5 pullet eggs figuring that's about 4 large. It was fine for us.

Sounds good!

2 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
1/3 c sugar
Pinch salt
2 to 4 eggs

Think I will use your recipe but cut the apples and add them, I have a small pullman pan I bought I like it as makes slider sized pieces so cut a remainder of it need to make more for us of big and little but maybe a day or so this I will make tomorrow thank you

Wow, you must be really good!

That is for sure, 30 rolls would last many months!

Does anyone know how she's doing? Not been here since she moved after her husband died :(
I haven’t seen you in a while, I’m glad you’re still around! I don’t think she’s been on since right before her last birthday. I did a group chat, where I had people send her birthday cards to her home address.

Back
Top Bottom