Any Home Bakers Here?

2 things,

First,

@penny1960 I know you play Mahjong, so this may interest you. It just happened.

20200515_122049.jpg

Three 8s, three 6s, Three 4s, a pair of 3s, (all characters,) and 3 red dragon's

That is a Ruby Dragon hand. Very hard to assemble. It gives MAX payout!

Second,

Everyone, remember when I said I was moving to a temporary place than a permanent place?

Well, we just got the permanent place. Its in Mountain Home, Idaho. That is great news for my family!

This one! You can substitute rye for the spelt or use white flour instead to make it white flour and rye
So just put in 57g of rye? OK.
50g of starter doesn't seem like much.
And YAY! Another bread I don't have to store in the refrigerator overnight. No room in there, it's been limiting my bread making.

Question: The KA Basic sourdough uses 2 cups of starter. Can I just add 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup water for a couple of days to get back to a larger "supply" for the next time?

2 things,

First,

@penny1960 I know you play Mahjong, so this may interest you. It just happened.

View attachment 2141711

Three 8s, three 6s, Three 4s, a pair of 3s, (all characters,) and 3 red dragon's

That is a Ruby Dragon hand. Very hard to assemble. It gives MAX payout!

Second,

Everyone, remember when I said I was moving to a temporary place than a permanent place?

Well, we just got the permanent place. Its in Mountain Home, Idaho. That is great news for my family!

I do not play for money it is game I started playing when I tended bar for friend
Like 30 years ago have it as a stand alone game on my computer

So just put in 57g of rye? OK.
50g of starter doesn't seem like much.
And YAY! Another bread I don't have to store in the refrigerator overnight. No room in there, it's been limiting my bread making.

Question: The KA Basic sourdough uses 2 cups of starter. Can I just add 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup water for a couple of days to get back to a larger "supply" for the next time?
It sits out overnight so it gets a nice flavor to it

This recipe doesn't call for all the 20 minute folding and stretching, so I'm going to bake it as written and see how it goes. I'm oddly excited about this! :)
no knead bread develops gluten when it sits this long. It does have a couple of folds and then the final shaping

It works great!

Back
Top Bottom