Any Home Bakers Here?

Hey folks, totally off topic....
Hi folks, I'm working on a project with Michelle and need test data badly. If you have time I would ask that each person out here create 5 users (use a name that is kindof unique to you not something like test1... )(just to pick on sour, maybe something like Sour1, sour2, etc.) and for each user create 5 breeds, please use different breed categories and don't chose the first or second breed in the list mix it up. The main form is here and there's a link after you hit submit that will take you to the breed form. I suggest copying your made up user name for the follow ons. Sorry for the painful process but that's what we get when we use free stuff.

When you fill out the first form, please select different countries/locations and change up the data. I really hope some of you will make mistakes that cause errors so I can close up those gaps.

thank you in advance. I've asked others to help me generate test data and gotten little response. With my work schedule, I have to work things when I can.

I love a good experiment! This may help me distract from my depression issues.

What's your hypothesis?

Hey folks, totally off topic....
Hi folks, I'm working on a project with Michelle and need test data badly. If you have time I would ask that each person out here create 5 users (use a name that is kindof unique to you not something like test1... )(just to pick on sour, maybe something like Sour1, sour2, etc.) and for each user create 5 breeds, please use different breed categories and don't chose the first or second breed in the list mix it up. The main form is here and there's a link after you hit submit that will take you to the breed form. I suggest copying your made up user name for the follow ons. Sorry for the painful process but that's what we get when we use free stuff.

When you fill out the first form, please select different countries/locations and change up the data. I really hope some of you will make mistakes that cause errors so I can close up those gaps.

thank you in advance. I've asked others to help me generate test data and gotten little response. With my work schedule, I have to work things when I can.

I did a few Bob, hope it helps.

Ok all baked! I used the pans shown to bake them in. From what I read I think the dough was actually over double, it looks like moon rocks but the crust is crisp and I’ll taste it in a bit.View attachment 2142787View attachment 2142787View attachment 2142788View attachment 2142790
Nice job
I ran out of store bought muffins so had to settle for my healthier reduced sugar Apple Nut muffins for breakfast.View attachment 2143102View attachment 2143103View attachment 2143105View attachment 2143106
Apple Nut Muffins

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sucralose
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg - I used a jumbo egg, you could use 2 smaller eggs.
4 Red Delicious apples - 3 apples peeled , cored and grated coarsely and most of the juice squeezed out - 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced.
1 cup whole walnut pieces

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, oil, sugar, sucralose and honey. Cream the mixture until smooth. Add the egg to the creamed mixture and mix until creamy. Beat in the grated apple and add the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until the batter is smooth.
Fold in sliced apples and walnuts.
Bake at 375° F for approximately 22 to 25 minutes, test with toothpick for doneness.
Those look delicious!
This morning I made more sourdough bread. And my youngest helped make sourdough pizza (king Arthur recipe) for dinner. The silver one is his. Went down well and asked if we could make them again. Better than shop bought he says! 😉

View attachment 2143512
View attachment 2143513
They look delicious too!
Some time back I did a breakdown of what our homemade pizzas cost vs. store bought. When we put all our favorite toppings on a large homemade pizza it cost about $4, if we bought one with the same ingredients from our favorite place it was around $20. What a savings! Plus, we like the taste of ours better. And no going out to pick one up either!
I need to get to Sam’s club to get mozzarella, I’m out. I don’t like what they sell here.

I just took my sour dough bread out of the oven. I need to get it started earlier in the day. I would liked to have had it rise a little while longer. It will still be good. I do like heavier bread.
6B8C96B9-8FAB-4AC2-89CA-8B47DB0A7F97.jpeg

I just took my sour dough bread out of the oven. I need to get it started earlier in the day. I would liked to have had it rise a little while longer. It will still be good. I do like heavier bread.
View attachment 2146071
It looks good to me!

If loaf bread rises too much it can be hard to use for making sandwiches

:lol: My bladder saved the day. I was in the kitchen, about to start the bread, when nature called. It suddenly occurred to me that I want to make broccoli cheddar soup, but I was waiting until I had crusty bread. So!
What recipe have you guys been using? I have a Dutch oven.
I used recipe 9021 I believe. I think Penny posted it. It turned out very well. Never made sourdough before and I was very happy with it!

Back
Top Bottom