Any Home Bakers Here?

Floydie, The Bread Looks GREAT. What recipe? Aria

It's the same king Arthur magic sourdough recipe. Only I added some honey, and didn't add any dry yeast. Plus I used 50/50 flour and added seeds.
IMG_20200609_163712389~2.jpg

I think if I add Vital Wheat Gluten it would make the bread so my husband couldn't eat it. The starter only bread doesn't upset his stomach. I will just have to stick to AP white only for a sandwich loaf.
If your husband has gluten issues you might want to try sprouted wheat flour! It is so much better for you and I've read that it helps with gluten intolerance! It's definitely important to keep those we love healthy and to do what we know works to achieve that end! Happy baking! :)

If your husband has gluten issues you might want to try sprouted wheat flour! It is so much better for you and I've read that it helps with gluten intolerance! It's definitely important to keep those we love healthy and to do what we know works to achieve that end! Happy baking! :)

Maybe when flour is more readily available. It's pot luck if the bread flour arrives with my online food shop. I was lucky that my mum got me a 16kg sack of AP white. That is running low now. I'm going to have to source another large sack soon. Luckily the sourdough bread is working well for him. I can't say the same for my dry yeast only bread. I got a telling off for feeding it him. Ahem. And pasta.... No luck getting the gluten free pasta.

Maybe when flour is more readily available. It's pot luck if the bread flour arrives with my online food shop. I was lucky that my mum got me a 16kg sack of AP white. That is running low now. I'm going to have to source another large sack soon. Luckily the sourdough bread is working well for him. I can't say the same for my dry yeast only bread. I got a telling off for feeding it him. Ahem. And pasta.... No luck getting the gluten free pasta.
Yeah, finding sprouted wheat is hard here also! I have a pretty good supply of flour right now, so I haven't looked in the stores recently to see what the supplies look like there! I hope that the supplies start to improve in your area soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom