Any Home Bakers Here?

I have one little wall of paneling left. It is an eye sore to me. I was just thinking the other day of filling in the cracks and painting it.

I love wood floors. If I could I’d put it in my whole house.
We have maple pegged floors. I drilled the leftover cherry panels to make the pegs. Then my husband screwed the holes I drilled and then
put the cherry pegs over the screws. The floors DID NOT MOVE. Had
them sanded and poly-coated once in all these years. Aria

20200609_075249.jpg

Just fried rice.

Looks like my living room floor. Meanwhile, every wall in the house is wood paneling. I dream of painting it.
I've done it. The trick is to get a good primer down then within 12 hours, preferably just a few hours for dry time, get the first coat of paint on.
My last farm had an old house that was wall to wall all cheap dark paneling and beautiful maple plank floors. I kept the floors and did the walls in light colors and it did wonders for the place!

I thought about filling the cracks first, but in the end went with an eggshell paint which hid a multitude of sins. I did brush the cracks with primer and paint though to make sure there was good coverage.

edit: typo

Last edited:
I know the hard work that went into getting the paneling on the walls. I do keep wondering if I should remove one though. Chances are, there’s beautiful wallpaper underneath. The upside of a family home is knowing the history. The downside is not knowing what on earth the grand-aunt was thinking when she layered three carpets on top of each other. :lol:

Yesterday I made two loaves of starter only sourdough bread. I used 50/50 ap white/granary plus added seeds in the mixture. It didn't rise as well as the ap white only loaf.. probably because the granary flour is heavier. But its still nice bread and lovely toasted with a bit of melted butter. Next time I'm going to make pumpkin seed bread. Now I wonder why I bought more dry yeast.. it should keep in the freezer at least.

Yesterday I made two loaves of starter only sourdough bread. I used 50/50 ap white/granary plus added seeds in the mixture. It didn't rise as well as the ap white only loaf.. probably because the granary flour is heavier. But its still nice bread and lovely toasted with a bit of melted butter. Next time I'm going to make pumpkin seed bread. Now I wonder why I bought more dry yeast.. it should keep in the freezer at least.
The yeast will keep a long time!

Going up to 50% AP flour is close to the limit for bread like that. You can go a bit higher by adding vital gluten to the recipe

Back
Top Bottom