Any Home Bakers Here?

Thank you for your long response... So I should find myself such recipes than! and Maybe should train myself to be more organized. 🙃
Yes! This getting organized to bake with sourdough has been very good for me! It is quite flexible too though. It’s fun to have your starter which many people name! My breads have not been pretty like the ones shown today but they are very tasty!

Yesterday I made a loaf of sandwich s sourdough, this time I mixed and baked same day. Door was open most of the day because of 3 year old grandson running in and out, so I put the pan in the oven for the final rise with the oven door shut just to keep it out of the wind blowing through the house. Well, when I remembered it was there it had risen and dripped on the oven racks and onto the floor of the oven. It was oddly easy to clean up, it was stretchy and I just picked it up thank goodness. I went ahead and baked it, couldn’t tell it from the previous loaves using the same recipe.
I thought of taking a pic but my oven is a travesty. :gig

Many wind up giving up on sourdough bread so you want to make it simple and easy at first
That is sad! I've not found it overly difficult. Sure there is some learning, like when the dough looks and or feels right. But there are enough YouTube videos to get a good ideal what you are looking for.

I made the KA basic sourdough loaf again today. It comes out well and is super easy.
  1. Mix all the ingredients and knead (I'm using the KitchenAid mixer for that)
  2. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes
  3. Form it into a loaf and stick in the pan
  4. Wait for it to rise about 1" above the edge of the pan (60 -90 minutes or more depending on temp)
  5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until it is 190°F in the center.

Couldn't be easier! Takes very little of your time. Not like those English Muffins that wanted a stretch and pull every 30 minutes.

Raw? Never been a fan.

Allowing any bread to rise overnight in the refrigerator is okay.
IF you have room in the refrigerator! I prefer the recipes that allow it to sit out all night because there is rarely room for a big bowl in the refrigerator.

Yes! This getting organized to bake with sourdough has been very good for me! It is quite flexible too though. It’s fun to have your starter which many people name! My breads have not been pretty like the ones shown today but they are very tasty!
Mine did not look so great when I first Started. Keep Baking and it will.
And if it tastes good...that is first. Looks come with practice. Aria

Couldn't be easier! Takes very little of your time. Not like those English Muffins that wanted a stretch and pull every 30 minutes.
The English muffins recipe I got here doesn’t require any pulling or stretching. It’s either Ron’s or Penny’s. Mix up, knead a little, roll or pat out, cut and let rise then bake. Or grill...🤔

The banana bread was going to be skipped, but it’s in the oven now. It’ll be done soon, and then I’ll go to bed. With the bread. And butter.
DA014324-AC56-43B7-B645-5E353B6041DF.gif

Back
Top Bottom