Any Home Bakers Here?

Went to visit my parents this weekend, so took some canned goods for treats for them. Mom helps me pick cherries, so she always gets a couple of jars of cherry pie filling. This year she got a jar of blueberry pie filling also - even though Dad says the commercial blueberries are no good. I am sure he will eat the pie when she makes it. Dad loves sweets.
I had canned some peach slices in light syrup, so she got a couple jars of those also. When I handed her the peaches she says "well, I guess I will need to make some chocolate chip cookies now. You know Dad has to have cookies with canned peaches."
I have to admit the family recipe for chocolate chip cookies are really good when paired with peaches. Cookies are similar to Nestle Toll house, but with rolled oats thrown in. They are a "dip in your coffee" cookie from the German side of the family tree, lol.

Went to visit my parents this weekend, so took some canned goods for treats for them. Mom helps me pick cherries, so she always gets a couple of jars of cherry pie filling. This year she got a jar of blueberry pie filling also - even though Dad says the commercial blueberries are no good. I am sure he will eat the pie when she makes it. Dad loves sweets.
I had canned some peach slices in light syrup, so she got a couple jars of those also. When I handed her the peaches she says "well, I guess I will need to make some chocolate chip cookies now. You know Dad has to have cookies with canned peaches."
I have to admit the family recipe for chocolate chip cookies are really good when paired with peaches. Cookies are similar to Nestle Toll house, but with rolled oats thrown in. They are a "dip in your coffee" cookie from the German side of the family tree, lol.
Mmmm-mmmm sound yummy-

Last edited:
Have 15 half-pint jars in my camp cooler sitting in nice warm water, processing .... Should be ready in about two hours. Can't wait! I used to process in oven with light on, but the light fixture died. Really, truly and absolutely, totally dead. Yes i've tried a new light bulb. Several, in fact. No light in oven. But my alternative method works! Usually. Come on, yogurt!

Have 15 half-pint jars in my camp cooler sitting in nice warm water, processing .... Should be ready in about two hours. Can't wait! I used to process in oven with light on, but the light fixture died. Really, truly and absolutely, totally dead. Yes i've tried a new light bulb. Several, in fact. No light in oven. But my alternative method works! Usually. Come on, yogurt!
Urg! Not sure it set up. :barnie

Back
Top Bottom