Any Home Bakers Here?

Only its gummy inside 👎. Put it back in the oven. Dont know if its the spelt or brown flour but I dont seem to be getting the same results as before.
Will just buy white flour next week I think.
Did you cut it fresh and hot? This is why I always let bread set until cool before cutting although everyone wants it hot out of the oven. It really isn't done cooking for about an hour after you take it out of the oven. I'm speaking of regular breads, white, whole wheat and whole grains, and although I have never baked with spelt I would imagine the same is true of it as well.

Did you cut it fresh and hot? This is why I always let bread set until cool before cutting although everyone wants it hot out of the oven. It really isn't done cooking for about an hour after you take it out of the oven. I'm speaking of regular breads, white, whole wheat and whole grains, and although I have never baked with spelt I would imagine the same is true of it as well.

No I left it to cool on the side. I dont know bread just isnt working for me at the moment 🤷

I forgot to post the loaf I made last week. I was very happy with how it turned out, and now I need to make more because we used the last of it for French toast last night.
D7001BAA-F477-4100-93B9-16E0AD10A006.jpeg

5663D553-329E-4CF8-976F-62E7A9795E46.jpeg

8F6F87C2-C614-4954-86B3-F601C0B91BA8.jpeg

Only its gummy inside 👎. Put it back in the oven. Dont know if its the spelt or brown flour but I dont seem to be getting the same results as before.
Will just buy white flour next week I think.
Did you bake it to 200F? I use an internal meat thermometer to get the internal temp.
I forgot to post the loaf I made last week. I was very happy with how it turned out, and now I need to make more because we used the last of it for French toast last night.
View attachment 2986632
View attachment 2986635
View attachment 2986636
Nice! Lots of nice crannies for catching jam!

I've saved most of it so not all gone to waste. Have some now toasted with honey. The bits in the middle I threw away.
My husband would have eaten a gooey middle. His mother's oven didn't work properly at one time and every thing she made was gooey in the middle. I guess he just loved it. He asks me for gooey middle stuff any time I bake. No worries though, if I make a mistake, it will get eaten if it comes out gooey.

My husband would have eaten a gooey middle. His mother's oven didn't work properly at one time and every thing she made was gooey in the middle. I guess he just loved it. He asks me for gooey middle stuff any time I bake. No worries though, if I make a mistake, it will get eaten if it comes out gooey.
My brother likes the gooey centers too, especially with banana bread.

This was dinner tonight (and lunch and dinner tomorrow and probably lunch on Wednesday, too). So yummy! It's called Chipotle Cheddar Mac 'n' Cheese, but instead of chipotle powder, I used Tuscan Heat Spice, and instead of scallion, I used diced onion. And I added bacon. It is YUMMY!
29EE6BFA-C317-4DFF-BA85-B5AB4B03FE98.jpeg

And for dessert a Hot Fudge Mug Cake! I've finally got the recipe nailed down, too!
FE842925-AB10-4E30-A1D0-3AB84B4F1556.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom