Any Home Bakers Here?

I changed it a week ago, so fairly new.

They are Pita Pinta, a very rare Spanish breed that is similar to mottled Java.

Babies:

Juvies:

Older:

Rooster:

Beautiful chickens Ron, thank you for sharing their pictures! Wow
thumbsup.gif

Never heard of Kenwood, but they look very nice. Does it also have a blender attachment? I so miss my blender - rarely used it but sometimes really need one.

Is it just me, or were chocolate Eclairs of the past not as sweet as they are now. I bought one at a bakery a few years ago and it was so, so different than those I remember. It was so sweet, I tossed it after one bite
barnie.gif
Kenwood make the best mixers ever.... My Kenwood Chef is from the 1970s and still works. You can get all sorts of attachments for them and you can still buy attachments for my model machine. There aren't many things that are that old that you can still get parts for.

I rarely buy eclairs because they can be awful. You need to find a proper french bakery that uses creme anglaise and melted chocolate on the top. They aren't that sweet when done "properly". I don't really like custard because it's usually made to be horribly sweet, but proper french creme anglaise is very nice.

@potato chip. That's cause they were made in the days of metal innards not plastic. I've considered getting a more modern one now and then but I'm sure I wouldn't get 25 years out of anything built these days.

@potato chip . That's cause they were made in the days of metal innards not plastic. I've considered getting a more modern one now and then but I'm sure I wouldn't get 25 years out of anything built these days.
Not just innards, but outers as well. It's an aluminium body. When I got it secondhand from a work colleague, I had it "overhauled", they pulled it to bits and put it back together (how do I know they pulled it to bits? The first service agent pulled it to bits and didn't complete the job, so I took the box of bits somewhere else and they put it back together.) Fully mechanical, all metal. I think it's probably indestructible.

I've also looked at the new ones because they "look nicer" (mine is fluoro orange and brown, and a bit of the enamel has come off where the bowl sits) but I suspect they may not be built as well as my ancient one. There are still a lot of the "vintage" machines in operation, you can pick one up off the classifieds for a fraction of the cost of the top of the range new ones. Also, as you can still buy attachments, there's nothing to "force" you to go for a newer built machine.

I finally got round to rearranging the recipes index in the first post a bit better
smile.png
Sorry it took so long.

Back
Top Bottom