Any Home Bakers Here?

Well I ended up wimping out and turning half into vegemite scrolls and half into just cheese.

Might try and do the cinnamon ones tomorrow. Would love to do the cream cheese frosting but it wouldn't love me or my daughter lol. So we tend to do a cinnamon icing glaze. Your sounds yummier though!

Edited to add had forgotten, I found lactose free cream cheese the other day so might try it after all.

Last edited:
Baked cinnamon rolls Friday, but DH had bought a cake, so placed the baked, unglazed rolls in the freezer untasted. But decided to bring some out and see how they turned out and they are delicious
ya.gif

I used this recipe because wanted to let the bread maker do the mixing and first rise and not have to do the math to convert NFC's recipe.

Dough recipe link:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/orange-sweet-rolls-recipe

I used 1 cup of water and instant potato flakes. Did not use the optional dough flavor. Needed no water or flour adjustment. Both rises were very nice.
I did not roll it, just pressed it out on a cookie sheet of approximately the correct dimensions. Baked 2 sets of 8 rolls each in 2 shiny Old aluminum cake pans. I went longer than the recommended time and did overcook them a little bit.

Filling:

Spread about 1TBS of melted butter over the pressed out dough. ( easier with fingers instead of a brush)
And on top added,
1/2 cup of firmly packed Brown Sugar with 2 tsp of Cinnamon.

Icing/Glaze:

2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup of orange juice
Zest from a medium sized orange - finely zest, used as much of the peel area I could.
Added a little more powdered sugar to thicken a bit.
*the glaze itself was a little bitter with all the zest, but well-balance the extra sweetness of the heavily filled rolls.

Thawing and Heating:

The rolls took only a short time to thaw on the counter and were still cool when placed in the oven. Wrapped in tinfoil, baked 15 minutes in preheated oven at 350 F. Brushed tops with melted butter and threw on the glaze.
These look wonderful! Thanks for the recipe. I keep forgetting to look at King Arthur website
big_smile.png

This is the cinnabun recipe I use from King Arthur's website:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/921333/any-home-bakers-here#post_14038752
Love love love these! And we're fans of the cream cheese frosting (of which there is plenty of in this recipe) so it's one of our favorites.
Cream cheese frosting sounds good too!

DH and I are making plans for our version of a Super Bowl party next Sunday. We don't have cable to watch the game (and aren't big sports fans anyway) so we're going to have snacky treats and watch football movies like "Remember the Titans", "The Blind Side" and "Rudy" (one of my all time favorites).

Any suggestions for snacks? It will be just the 2 of us so we don't need huge quantities of any one thing, just a variety.

Do the snacks have to be baked? Aren't you supposed to have buffalo wings?

Have you ever had muffuletta? A friend in america sent me a cookbook from New Orleans and it is in there. I think it sounds very tasty, and would be good for a football-movie marathon.

DH and I are making plans for our version of a Super Bowl party next Sunday. We don't have cable to watch the game (and aren't big sports fans anyway) so we're going to have snacky treats and watch football movies like "Remember the Titans", "The Blind Side" and "Rudy" (one of my all time favorites).

Any suggestions for snacks? It will be just the 2 of us so we don't need huge quantities of any one thing, just a variety.

If you have an HD computer, an antenna(They are not too expensive) and a local CBS station, you can watch the super bowl!

You can also watch using the CBS App on some devices, like xbox, roku and apple tv.

Make some buffalo wings!

potato flour makes the crumb more tender--It is not necessary and you can safely make the recipe with out it.

I've got two bags of potato flour and had no idea what to do with it. It was supposed to be a bit of a digestive aid my sister bought but wasn't the right sort for that so she gave it to me and I've had them sitting around for months. Going to make these orange rolls today!

Back
Top Bottom