Any Home Bakers Here?

View attachment 3657157

Made a cheese tray today.
If you have SourDough starter discard, you can even make your own crackers. It's super simple and they can be flavored however you like. I add parmesan cheese and other spices. My hubby likes them completely plain (with scant salt).

Attachments

• discard cracker base.jpg
    discard cracker base.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 6
  • discard crackers cut at 10 min.jpg
    discard crackers cut at 10 min.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 5
  • discard crackers cooked.jpg
    discard crackers cooked.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
If you have SourDough starter discard, you can even make your own crackers. It's super simple and they can be flavored however you like. I add parmesan cheese and other spices. My hubby likes them completely plain (with scant salt).
That is a good use of starter discard!

Please tell me how to make them! I have my GF sourdough starter, and I MISS CRACKERS!!!
Melt 2 Tbsp butter, let cool somewhat.
Add 1/4 tsp salt & 3/4 cup discard. Stir to blend.
Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. (Try to make a consistent thickness across the sheet.)
Sprinkle with another 1/4 tsp salt.
Bake at 325
Length of baking time depends on how thin the dough is spread. After 10 minutes of baking, I pull out of oven and cut portions (see my pics above), then return to oven. Mine usually bake an additional 25 minutes after that but keep a close eye so they don't burn.

Cutting them isn't necessary. You can also just break them into pieces after baking. I prefer to cut them though before they get brittle for more even pieces.

Flavor can be plain, as above, or however you like. I've added parmesan cheese, tomato-chicken boullion, Italian herbs, garlic & onion.... try whatever you like.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom