Any Home Bakers Here?

Still keeping the furnace off here by virtue of the wood stove. I like to see how late in the year we can keep it that way. I have the thermostat set at 62 right now. I won't let it get that low. I just haven't changed it to 65 yet! :gig
We always had wood and a woodstove going. LOVE IT. I set the thermostat at 68
and never touch it. I DO MISS THE WOOD STOVE. WHEN my family visits...they'
get it going. We always have wood. It is my favorite Heat. I am not able to handle
wood burning. DARN.

Melt 2 Tbsp butter, let cool somewhat.
Add 1/4 tsp salt & 3/4 cup discard.
Spread on a baking sheet. Try to make a consistent thickness across the sheet.
Sprinkle with another 1/4 tsp salt.
Bake at 325
Length of baking time depends on how thin the dough is spread. After 10 minutes of baking, I pull out of oven and cut portions (see my pics above), then return to oven. Mine usually bake an additional 25 minutes after that but keep a close eye so they don't burn.

Cutting them isn't necessary. You can also just break them into pieces after baking. I prefer to cut them though before they get brittle for more even pieces.

Flavor can be plain, as above, or however you like. I've added parmesan cheese, tomato-chicken boullion, Italian herbs, garlic & onion.... try whatever you like.
Thanks for the recipe!

I have started the wood stove too, just bought 2 tons of beech briquettes, should be delivered in the beginning of November, our oak wood what is left of it needs to be split, and I can’t do that right now, gas and oil prices are steadily rising, I am so glad we have wood stoves in our house 😅
DECF5A75-1DDC-4EEA-8E4D-B074C2624E6A.jpeg

I have started the wood stove too, just bought 2 tons of beech briquettes, should be delivered in the beginning of November, our oak wood what is left of it needs to be split, and I can’t do that right now, gas and oil prices are steadily rising, I am so glad we have wood stoves in our house 😅
View attachment 3657961
I LIKE WOOD HEAT BEST.....miss it.

View attachment 3657961
Nice!

We have no fireplace days here in the winter.

Do you use parchment paper, or greas the baking sheet so that they don't stick?

Oh, man I will be trying this soon! THANK YOU!
Oh, yes! I should have mentioned that. Parchment paper or silicone mat. I use the mat and make use of the border lines as a guide.
(I edited the recipe post to include that.)

Last edited:
We always had wood and a woodstove going. LOVE IT. I set the thermostat at 68
and never touch it. I DO MISS THE WOOD STOVE. WHEN my family visits...they'
get it going. We always have wood. It is my favorite Heat. I am not able to handle
wood burning. DARN.
IF (and that is a BIG if) I recall correctly, there was a discussion some long time ago that you could get a pellet stove. Did that ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom