Any Home Bakers Here?

I grew up in a wood burning home. It was so much work to head out to the woods, cut, split and stack like 10 face cord a year. I also didn’t enjoy how dry the house was. I wouldn’t mind having a wood burner as a backup, but I’m happy to have natural gas now…
YOU are one in million. .that does not like wood heat. ALWAYS have water on the stove. NEVER had that problem. I MISS MY WOOD HEAT. I always used it to
cook on it too.

Since we have our own source of wood (we live in the woods), it's the cost of our labor. And the depreciation on chainsaws and the splitter, and gas and chain oil. We got a new chainsaw last year (cordless) and this year (gas). The old gas chainsaw lasted about 28 years, so no complaints there. DH wanted has a cordless for a few years, and he makes good use of it.

The splitter will last the rest of our lives, probably.

Anyone else gulp before they egg wash cause you don't want to accidentally deflate that perfect rise? No just me?:lau
20231013_161735.jpg

It is quite cool here in the Midwest. That translates,,,,, to..... GREAT BAKING TIME. No worries about overheating the home, and dealing with AC.
Will bake some coffee cakes this weekend. Still not sure of what. Have some ripe plums,, so that may be an IDEA, for a yeast raised plum cake.
But today,,, baked some mini Pizzas. Kind of cheated,, because I did not make the crust. Used these 10 inch PITA flat breads. Made a really nice THIN,, CRISPY crust. :drool:drool:drool
Topped with Cooked chicken breast meat, and mushrooms.
I have used Flour Tortillas in the past, for same purpose. These Pita Flatbreads are a preferred choice. The cheese is Mozzarella. The sauce is Ragu, and there are also diced tomatoes in the mix.
These PITA flatbreads come toasted and are not as blond as other varieties of PITA.
IMG_20231013_144330362.jpg

Back
Top Bottom