Any Home Bakers Here?

I tried a new cookie recipe this morning and wow, it should come with a hazardous warning label, lol. The recipe came from @R2elk on my state thread and he asked that Grandma Jane Klingensmith be given credit for it. Here you go! Merrie Mallow Fudgies 15 large marshmallows, quartered and frozen 1 Cup shortening (I used 1/2 butter & 1/2 shortening) 1 Cup sugar + extra for rolling the cookies in 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla 2 eggs 3 Cups AP flour 2/3 Cup cocoa powder 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt * Quarter and freeze the marshmallows at least 1 day before baking (I found using scissors worked best for cutting) * Cream together shortening & sugars * Add vanilla & eggs, beat well * Sift dry ingredients together & slowly mix into dough * Shape rounded teaspoons of dough around each piece of frozen marshmallow, seal well. * Roll in sugar and place on lined baking sheets. * Bake at 400* 5-7 minutes until cookies crack. * Cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Thank you @R2elk for sharing the recipe, they are delicious!
They look so good. I will not make them as I won't be able to leave them alone
1f924.png

Thanks everyone! :weee

This is what we make every Christmas morning. A giant cinnamon roll with maple vanilla frosting! This is last year's picture because this year I couldn't get a pic before it was almost gone. :p

Today I'm going to use up some apples for Apple cinnamon muffins. Hopefully my last 3 apples still have enough life left in them...

Yum!!

That would be good over icecream
As I remember it, it was kind of thick/set like jelly (jello). We don't really get red berries here (other than strawberries), it's too hot, and if you find some, they are expensive. I couldn't believe that they had so many they just had to boil them up to make use of them. LOL It's really yummy though, worth making if you have excess fruit to make use of.

It did look good!I made about 17 pints of jelly/jam with mine plus all we ate and what the chickens ate. I'm going to end up giving it away as no one is eating it.

Have you ever heard of Rote Gruetze? When I was in Germany, they'd make this to use up all the red berries. I reckon a raspberry version of the pie would be yummy. My fruit and veg guy is back from holidays tomorrow, I hope he gives me some apples.....

Never heard of it but after looking it up, it looks very tasty! Are you going to try it?

eta: I just saw your latest posting...sorry should have read more before posting!

Last edited:
They look so good. I will not make them as I won't be able to leave them alone
1f924.png

That's why I'm sending most of them to the golf course with DH tomorrow...he has a couple of young guys working there that will gladly take them off my hands
lol.png

I tried a new cookie recipe this morning and wow, it should come with a hazardous warning label, lol. The recipe came from @R2elk on my state thread and he asked that Grandma Jane Klingensmith be given credit for it. Here you go!

Merrie Mallow Fudgies

15 large marshmallows, quartered and frozen
1 Cup shortening (I used 1/2 butter & 1/2 shortening)
1 Cup sugar + extra for rolling the cookies in
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 Cups AP flour
2/3 Cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

* Quarter and freeze the marshmallows at least 1 day before baking (I found using scissors worked best for cutting)
* Cream together shortening & sugars
* Add vanilla & eggs, beat well
* Sift dry ingredients together & slowly mix into dough
* Shape rounded teaspoons of dough around each piece of frozen marshmallow, seal well.
* Roll in sugar and place on lined baking sheets.
* Bake at 400* 5-7 minutes until cookies crack.
* Cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

Thank you @R2elk for sharing the recipe, they are delicious!

Yum! Bet those will put you in a sugar coma
lol.png

It came out this time. Guess I get to eat the little one and take the big one to school.....Thanks for the good vibes.

That's one of the benefits of baking...a lot of times you get to eat the ones that don't turn out perfect
big_smile.png
Glad you had one turn out well!

Back
Top Bottom