Any Home Bakers Here?

Just think Alice...now you have another set of hands to help! :D

Hahaha! Well I have had these hands to "help" for the last year, now they are just legally my sons hands
1f609.png
Both boys love to help out baking, so I should find a fun recipe on here to try out!

So hey hey felllow bakers! I am ready to start baking again! I just retired from my full time job at age 42. Now my focus is my 7 & 12 year old, and my husband and chickens. Do you use bread machine or old fashioned method? I don't have a machine, but want to bake!!!!

I use the old fashion method. I have never had a bread machine. My 4 and 7 year old as well as all my daycare kids LOVE to help make bread!

So hey hey felllow bakers! I am ready to start baking again! I just retired from my full time job at age 42. Now my focus is my 7 & 12 year old, and my husband and chickens. Do you use bread machine or old fashioned method? I don't have a machine, but want to bake!!!!

Years ago I had a bread machine...tried it twice and didn't like it. I actually enjoy the hands-on approach to bread baking, there's something relaxing and more satisfying (to me anyway) doing it that way.

Bread doesn't have to be hard, just pick a recipe that sounds good to you and give it a go. Let us know if you have questions. And share your results with us, we love pictures!

I use the old fashion method. I have never had a bread machine. My 4 and 7 year old as well as all my daycare kids LOVE to help make bread!

Years ago I had a bread machine...tried it twice and didn't like it. I actually enjoy the hands-on approach to bread baking, there's something relaxing and more satisfying (to me anyway) doing it that way.

Bread doesn't have to be hard, just pick a recipe that sounds good to you and give it a go. Let us know if you have questions. And share your results with us, we love pictures!
X3!

I enjoy kneeding bread and the whole baking process.

Bread only needs 5 ingredients:

Water
yeast
salt
sugar(enough to feed the yeast)
Oil

And you can skip the oil!

Let us know how your baking turns out!

I just popped some blueberry muffins in the oven!
droolin.gif
I will share a pic when they're done, but for now here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup white sugar​
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt​
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder​
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil​
  • 1 egg​
  • 1/3 cup milk
    1 cup fresh blueberries​
  • Cinnamon Crumb Topping:​
  • 1/2 cup white sugar​
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour​
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed​
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon​

Directions:

1. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.​
  2. 2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.​
  3. 3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.​
  4. 4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.​
  5. Henny's personal note: I did not make the cinnamon topping for time's sake, so I'm not sure how it would taste if you do use it. Some of the reviews on the website said that they used only half of the crumb topping on the muffins and it was less overpowering than using all of the topping. Here is the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/6865/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/

Last edited:
I don't think I will ever be able to read through all the pages! I have had my hands full with other things, so have not been on for months. I tried looking here and there, but I was overwhelmed by how far behind in all the forums I am
1f602.png
. I'm going to look through a bit and maybe see about a recipe to try with the boys this weekend.

I do have some good news...... my sons adoption was finalized on Tuesday!!!! Only took five months longer then expected
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
So I am officially a mom of two and outnumbered by boys! Hahaha!

Congratulations, so glad you finally got thru this and they are yours now
jumpy.gif

Hi, I don't bake as often as the others on the forum, but love using my machine to do the kneading, but I'm kinda...lazy
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom