• 1 cup molasses
  • 3/4 cup hot water
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup shortening
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. To Make Bottom Layer: In a medium bowl combine molasses, hot water, and baking soda. Stir well. Whisk in beaten egg. Pour mixture into pie shell.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Mix well, then cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of molasses layer.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake an additional 30 minutes.

Has anyone ever had Shoofly Pie? I've been watching "the Office" and looked up some info about the Pennsylvania Dutch (one of the characters in the show is one) and came across a recipe. It looks interesting. Anyone tried it?

Haven't tried that one! Name sounded familiar, so looked it up, ingredients sound tasty - make one and let us know:)

I made a Coconut cream cake for my parents 70th wedding anniversary this weekend. Everyone seemed to love it, only about 2 small pieces left- very easy - I followed the "recipe" - yes, I did use a boxed cake mix:oops: LOL My homemade cakes are usually more dense and not quite as "fluffy".
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17354/coconut-cream-cake-i/

oooooooo Yay I found the thread that I've bee looking for, thanks to @N F C 's signature.
Mind if I share my favorite Cinnamon Roll recipe?
Its from a website called www.divascancook.com

I let the dough rise for about 5 hour during the afternoon, then I let hem rise overnight the second time and bake them of in the morning. I just use a simple powdered sugar/water or milk/vanilla for the glaze

I am trying to learn. I am retired and my wife works. My go to is pasta, scrambled eggs, and meat.

Thanks penny, was it nice?
loved it as a child but had that Grandma flavor added may try it again in a few that recipe was from a Wisconsin recipe book Printed in 1961 have not had a bad recipe from there.

I am trying to learn. I am retired and my wife works. My go to is pasta, scrambled eggs, and meat.

have to admit but gave me a heck of an idea for dinner have leftover pasta from a few nights ago add bacon and eggs into it :yesss:

I made my favorite spring recipe for supper.
Chicken and Aspargus:
Ingredients: chicken, mushrooms, asparagus, left-over pasta
Dice chicken and season with salt and pepper. Slice the mushrooms and asparagus into bite sized pieces.
Add oil to pan and Brown the diced chicken. Cook it in small batches so it browns nicely. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.

Dump the mushrooms and asparagus into the pan and cook until crisp tender ( or as well done as you like it).

Add the chicken and leftover pasta to the pan and heat through. You can add some chicken broth to make is slightly saucey, but it is not needed. The mushrooms and asparagus will give enough moisture to mix nicely.
YUMMY!

I need to make cheesecake and silk pie for my nieces wedding shower this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom