Any Home Bakers Here?

Are new recipes still being added to the index?

I would really like to know how the corned venison turns out ;)
The first page is locked for editing. I was trying to get google docs to go in but the new site does not allow google docs.

I will check to see it there is more I can do now

The first page is locked for editing. I was trying to get google docs to go in but the new site does not allow google docs.

I will check to see it there is more I can do now

I've talked to Sumi about this before (quite some time ago).

I'll contact her again. Might be a matter of re-doing the entire thing and deleting the old.

I'll handle the index Ron.

I'll contact her again. Might be a matter of re-doing the entire thing and deleting the old.

I am thinking it might work better as an article. Then any of us project managers can edit it.

embed code and iframes are not going in. I tried using a bbcode iframe and it did not work either.

There is a module that can be installed on the site to allow google docs. It does not seem like the Admins want it installed though. I put in a request on the thread for it and did not get it

Ok, I can tell you two are going to have to educate me. Been out of the game for too long and never been a "front end" editor always backend.

BYC is using BBcode--special to Bulletin Boards. It will not do all of the things that a web site will do and some hosts will only allow you to do things that modules allow. One of the modules will let you put google docs into a post. I want to put in a google doc for the recipes that can be updated by anyone with edit rights to the document.

Currently to edit the first post, you need to have moderator rights. Project manages cannot edit thread posts but we can edit articles. Sumi edited the first post for us on the old server.

I thought we'd already tried the google doc method and didn't get anywhere with it.

Just spoke with Sumi and that's what she's still suggesting but we're still talking about options.
Yes, Google docs will not post in this format. It did work with the old server. There is a site suggestion thread that I posted a request to and I think I pmd Rob about it at the last hatch a long. Having a google doc and letting the members add their hatch information to it worked great because the post on BYC is updated in real time as the google doc is edited

Back
Top Bottom