Any Home Bakers Here?

I don’t even know what a convector oven is 🤔
Its Convection oven. a fan induced circulation.

Copy and Paste'
Convection ovens work by using a fan and exhaust system to circulate air distributed from the heating element throughout the oven cavity. On most convection oven models, convection settings can be turned on or off, giving you the flexibility to cook with conventional thermal settings when you like.

Ah, thank you, I got a regular oven with a on/off convector mode, not really an fan, I thought they were called fan ovens 🤪 you can, if you want, bake cookies or pizzas on 3 tiers, but I personally think that they turn out better using the regular oven! I sometimes use it when all kids are hone, cos it is way faster to bake 3 pizzas at once than 3 times, but as I said, it tastes better using the regular oven, and you have to switch out the baking sheets during baking, or else the top sheet pizza is burnt while the bottom one is still raw 🙄

I have an oven with convection bake. I struggle with it so usually don't end up using it. I know people who really like the convection. What is the trick? Are there certain things that do better with convection? or without convection?
Convection is good for roasting mostly. You need to make sure that the pan is shallow enough to allow the air to circulate around the roast.

Cakes in a 9x13 pan are not going to be better. Cookies on a baking sheet will.

Bread will not rise as well since the air circulating around the bread will dry out the top and not let it expand as well. Even adding water to the oven has a hard time with that.

The other thing you have to do is lower the temperature by 25degrees F for convection baking.

I have an oven with convection bake. I struggle with it so usually don't end up using it. I know people who really like the convection. What is the trick? Are there certain things that do better with convection? or without convection?
My convection oven is great for baking multiple sheets of cookies. It used to be I'd be swapping sheets up and down and turn them around but the convection seems to even things out a bit.
I think it's better for thin things like pizza and cookies. That's my take on it anyhow.

Thanks for the tutorial!

I do try to keep the index updated.
Here's my cinnamon roll recipe, you can add it to the index

Cinnamon Rolls
For the dough
Amount
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
5 Tablespoons softened butter

For the filling
½
cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons melted butter

1.Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2.Add the softened butter and milk.
3.Mix until there's a dough
Refrigerate overnight (I used a ziploc bag)

1.Preheat oven to 325. Using a 9 x 13 pan, spray with cooking spray.
2. Remove the dough from the ziploc bag and roll out onto a lightly floured cutting board into a rectangle.
3. Melt the 3 Tablespoons of butter and spread it over the dough
4.Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the dough
5.Roll up the dough tightly into a log, seam side down.
5.Cut evenly and place in the greased baking pan.
6.Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown.

Convection is good for roasting mostly. You need to make sure that the pan is shallow enough to allow the air to circulate around the roast.

Cakes in a 9x13 pan are not going to be better. Cookies on a baking sheet will.

Bread will not rise as well since the air circulating around the bread will dry out the top and not let it expand as well. Even adding water to the oven has a hard time with that.

The other thing you have to do is lower the temperature by 25degrees F for convection baking.

My convection oven is great for baking multiple sheets of cookies. It used to be I'd be swapping sheets up and down and turn them around but the convection seems to even things out a bit.
I think it's better for thin things like pizza and cookies. That's my take on it anyhow.

Thank you. That was informative, especially about not using convection for bread. I didn't know that. I also didn't realize it wasn't helpful for baking cakes.

I'll try again with cookies and pizza. I've never tried it with pizza yet.

Here's my cinnamon roll recipe, you can add it to the index

Cinnamon Rolls
For the dough
Amount
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
5 Tablespoons softened butter

For the filling
½
cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons melted butter

1.Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2.Add the softened butter and milk.
3.Mix until there's a dough
Refrigerate overnight (I used a ziploc bag)

1.Preheat oven to 325. Using a 9 x 13 pan, spray with cooking spray.
2. Remove the dough from the ziploc bag and roll out onto a lightly floured cutting board into a rectangle.
3. Melt the 3 Tablespoons of butter and spread it over the dough
4.Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the dough
5.Roll up the dough tightly into a log, seam side down.
5.Cut evenly and place in the greased baking pan.
6.Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
Thanks for the recipe!

IMG_2012.jpeg

Dutch oven monkey bread is done. Once again, I cooked over hot coals. I think next time I’m going to use less coals so it doesn’t burn. This batch burned slightly.

Still waiting on the oven part.

Back
Top Bottom