Anyone else EXCITED to be getting baby chicks in the mail soon??

I ordered my new babies last night from MMH. They are due to hatch and ship on March the 15th. I got:
10 Standard Buff Brahmas--straight run
10 Standard Light Brahmas- pullets
8 Standard Blue Cochins- straight run
10 Buff Orpingtons-pullets
6 Standard Buff Cochins-- pullets
6 Naked Necks (Turkens)- pullets and 1 naked neck rooster.
jumpy.gif

+ the free rare breed chick. Can't wait to try and figure out what that is.
So thats 52 babies coming to me.
clap.gif

So, except for the naked necks, in a few months I should have some big ole fat fluffy chickens. !!!!!! YIPEEEEE. I have wanted standard cochins and brahmas for the last several years. So I told dear hubby that this year thats what I wanted for my 25th
thumbsup.gif
anniversay.
I told him next year we would do ducks and turkeys , the year after we would do pheasants and quail, and the year after that peacocks and swans. LOL LOL. He about fell off his chair. I said if ya going to be Feathered Fannies Farm, gotta have lots of feathered fannies. HEHEHEEHE. Good luck to all with their new babies.
Tammy

my order from cackle will be here on the tenth of march, so only like 15 days or something like that left.
in this batch we will be getting.......10 buff orpington pullets, 5 rir straight run, 5 buff brahma pullets and 1 cockrel, and a few ancona ducks!
now, im very near to convincing..ahem..not convincing , but bringing to light the benefits of getting the hatchery supprise and some mille fleue d'uccles and cuckoo marans and a few more ancona ducks, to my husband. we can sell whatever we dont want on craigslist!

I have a rather ordinary flock (I think), except for my Silver laceds and silkies so I finally talked hubby into letting me spice it up.

I ordered:

White, Red and Black Frizzles (totaling 11) run
Silver Laced Polish (12)
Golden Polish (12)
Buff Laced Polish (12)
Phoenix (17) somehow I goofed and got 5 more than I wanted.
Mottled Houdans (6)
White Crested Black Polish (6)
1 Delaware Roo (I goofed on this one too and planned on getting some hens and changed my mind and missed taking him out of my basket and didnt want to complicate the order, good news is I have a friend that will take him.)
1 exotic freebie
I wanted silkies but I was far too impatient to wait til May. These should be here March 15th. I wanted to place an order for silkies later on but dont want to have to order 25 to have the order go thru. Hubby is working on a new coop area and runs. Im so excited.

Hi! and congrats!! for a class project, we are ordering 12 white silkie hatching eggs and 12 barred plymoth rock hatching eggs, I get one of each!! I ordered from Nature Hatchery in Illinois. I am super exctied! They are being shipped tuesday and should arrive thursday!!

I ordered from mm yesterday, they won't be here til may 9 so march 15 to me sounds around the corner. I do have some eggs in the incubator for my fix though and they are due the 14th.
I got 6 blue laced red wyandottes(that's all I could order) straight run, 15 red sex links(pullets), 10 delawares(pullet), 6 black jerseys(pullet). I told dh I would not let chickens out of control, "who me nah honey don't worry I won't"
jumpy.gif
I also have another order for some rare blue orps and bantam blrw due to arrive in may from a local breeder which I have not told him about...

Quote:
Congratulations and
welcome-byc.gif
I'm so jealous! I want some fluffy babies again! I'm waiting for a broody in my flock so I can hatch out some eggs.

Have fun with your chicks!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
They really are adorable – and fun!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Our 54 chicks arrived yesterday from Murry McMurry
wee.gif
- everyone was fine with the exception of one Black Star hen who didn't make it. They are truly being the cute fluffy butts that they are. We ordered 12 each of Black and Red Star hens - they sent an extra Red Star. Then 27 Cornish Rocks again they sent one extra. These will be meat supply for the year. Our free rare chicken might be a a Sebright - just hope it is a hen not a roo. Our flock will now be 34 laying hens (10 are just one year old) and one roo.

Hope everyone else gets there little ones soon - they are so much fun.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Sandee

Back
Top Bottom