April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

I'm up to 6/10 as of yesterday--think the WR, 2 RIR's and on SS are still holding out.

Edit to report I took the nicest brown egg from under the WR this afternoon--had it along with 4 others I harvested this morning for Sunday nite supper.

Last edited:
Finally! Almost 23 weeks and my 1st egg.
wee.gif
Guess what's for breakfast?
Make that 2.

Last edited:
My March RIR started laying this week. My sex link probably born about early April also started laying, she is not very red either.
so now I wait for my 2 EE, 2 buff orpingtons and 2 frizzels. I really want to see the EE eggs.
so excited.

Quote:
Congrats!!
yippiechickie.gif

My 3 Salmon Faverolles Large Fowl hatched 4/19 have not laid yet. Do you have Salmon Faverolles ? Large Fowl or Bantam? How old are yours?

I have 2 white, 2 blue, and 1 black. Large Fowl, and they are between 5 1/2 to 6 month old.

here is a picture from last month of them.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60687_dscf8520.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/60687_dscf8518.jpg

Nice looking girls, love the blue! Still no eggs from my Fav girls yet.

Here are my 2 Salmon Favs:
62746_chic_001.jpg

Mahogany Fav:
62746_chic_005.jpg

Salmon Fav Rooster:
62746_chic_002.jpg

sad.png
:(My girls were all born around the 20th of April, and I have nothing, nada, nothing.
One wyandotte looks ready, 2 BRs look ready, the EE's are just starting to get red and the other wyandotte is just starting to turn red.
HOW MUCH LONGER?????

Quote:
Yep, with you jj...I have one girl that was hatched early April..nothing. I have heard one of my hens do the egg song, two days in a row..ran, I mean ran to the coop..nothing..she's just practicing I guess..I think it was my Australorp doing the noise, she is a month younger than my April girl. Who knows, I find myself trying to guess who will be first.. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the Australorp.
idunno.gif

our girls will be 23 weeks on the 29th. We are waiting and waiting and waiting as well. We were expecting eggs around week 21. So I am glad to hear we aren't really behind schedule here. This is our first time, 5 chicks, don't know what to expect.. but waiting for the "signs". Read about someone's chicken doing the egg song?

Cynthia12 wrote: "I have heard one of my hens do the egg song, two days in a row..ran, I mean ran to the coop..nothing..she's just practicing I guess..I think it was my Australorp doing the noise, she is a month younger than my April girl. "

Not sure what that is, the girls cluck around and make plenty of chatter.
The other thing is that they are free range... and they range from our yard to the neighbors. We have been keeping an eye and trying to watch them to make sure they aren't nesting somewhere else, but how do you know? We check around for eggs every day. But I haven't seen "signs" like people have mentioned here on byc.​

Last edited:
Well, I can officially leave this thread!!!
big_smile.png

Got my first egg, from I'm sure it was my Rhode Island Red.

Got her April 29 at 1 day old. It took 21 weeks

54076_my_first_egg_sept_26_2010_6.jpg

My 4 new Wellsummer girls are apprx 23 weeks today. Only one has red comb and wattles and is squatting (so cute). She may be a wee bit older as I got them from a private breeder and they were slightly mixed in age. No eggs yet but they are a much bigger bird than my other breeds at this age. Still waiting for that terra cotta egg.

Back
Top Bottom