ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

Quote:
Thanks, I'm proud of 'em. I think I'm taking the easy route: Yokohama tailfeathers hot glued to a silkie!
clap.gif

Those baby yokos are precious! I got some great shots of my birds today when I let them out to free range for a bit. I'll post them tomorrow as soon as I get them uploaded.

i posted some pics on the 8th here saying they were pullets and today
a friend came over and noticed one of them had a very nitcable red marking on its sides
and looking over it im pretty sure its a male.. its bigger than the other yokos
and looking back at the pics i posted it really is a male..right?
yokohama owners with more expirience what do you think?
am i right or not?
its the second one

Doodle doo I think your first "pullet" is a cockerel. It would be easier to tell if you got a group shot but maybe some others on here can confirm.

Anyone have a good idea for silkied yokohamas? All I can think of is using white silkied and breeding the offspring with the longest tails and best yokohama features together.

I have about 6 blue/splash silkie x phoenix cross's that happened before I split the pens up if anybody is interested.
big_smile.png

Also I wouldn't recommend white silkies because they are recessive and Yokos are dominant white. So you could end up with non white colors ie partridge, grey ect. Black would be the best cross genetically speaking but splash would also work because dominant white and splash are interchangeable in buff laced polish, white laced red cornish and wlr wyandottes/buff laced wyodottes. Hmm maybe a red or buff silkie cross might work also but I'm not sure if Yokos have mahogany.​

Back
Top Bottom