Baby quail panting, low wings

benjicken

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2016
hi, my baby quails hatched 10 days ago and have been under a heat lamp in a large cage since feeding off chicken crumb with plenty of water. This morning it was panting on its side and can hardly move. Could the recent boiling weather be anything to do with it? It can hardly move and struggles to keep balanced. I gave it some water and it looks like it’s struggling to drink it. Any suggestions on what’s wrong with it or what I can do to help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 70
hi, my baby quails hatched 10 days ago and have been under a heat lamp in a large cage since feeding off chicken crumb with plenty of water. This morning it was panting on its side and can hardly move. Could the recent boiling weather be anything to do with it? It can hardly move and struggles to keep balanced. I gave it some water and it looks like it’s struggling to drink it. Any suggestions on what’s wrong with it or what I can do to help?
Has it over heated? Mine are now also 10 days old and I'm using a heat pad rather than a lamp and noticing that they are not going under it much any more. So it may be the heat. I hope the little chap perks up soon and is okay

Has it over heated? Mine are now also 10 days old and I'm using a heat pad rather than a lamp and noticing that they are not going under it much any more. So it may be the heat. I hope the little chap perks up soon and is okay

I don’t think so. The other side of the cage is nice and cool without the lamp touching it and the poor little fella keeps moving to go under the lamp. I assume it’s something internally. It’s really struggling

I don’t think so. The other side of the cage is nice and cool without the lamp touching it and the poor little fella keeps moving to go under the lamp. I assume it’s something internally. It’s really struggling
Poor thing, what do you have on the floor? I am using puppy pads so that no dust as was concerned about respiratory problems. I going to move them on to sawdust later ....

What is the % protein of their feed? Quail need about 24-30%, and I know chicken feed tends to be lower than that. They're so fast growing, a lack fo protein can kill them. Sorry the chick isn't doing well.

Poor thing, what do you have on the floor? I am using puppy pads so that no dust as was concerned about respiratory problems. I going to move them on to sawdust later ....
I use bark! With some
Nesting material for bedding. Maybe that’s the issue?

What is the % protein of their feed? Quail need about 24-30%, and I know chicken feed tends to be lower than that. They're so fast growing, a lack fo protein can kill them. Sorry the chick isn't doing well.
I’ve used this for baby quails before?? It’s very bizarre

Back
Top Bottom