bantam breeds

Are you getting any clue as to what breed the bantam is?  Serama are the smallest chicken breed and are the smallest chicks.

I haven't a clue it's solid white chick and size of roasting marshmallow. It's in pic few posts above...Was one of smallest chicks in bantam bin that had guineas in it too. But even the guineas are much bigger than it. It's so cute and isnt yellow it's white

Last edited:
All the other chicks are standard size by the way. But are same age within day or so apart. The chick in front of it is a dark Brahma and to left is brown Leghorn and guinea and Jersey giant to right

Last edited:
I haven't a clue it's solid white chick and size of roasting marshmallow. It's in pic few posts above...Was one of smallest chicks in bantam bin that had guineas in it too. But even the guineas are much bigger than it. It's so cute and isnt yellow it's white

The tiny size of that chick would scare the heck out of me. Looks like it is either suffering a growth impediment and will need extra loving care or else it is healthy and beats the world's tiniest chicken record! I don't think it will survive the other birds getting bigger faster since I had 2 bantam Silkies that started to get picked on by other larger chicks the same age. You may have yourself a lone house chicken and putting it on your shoulder in your hair for comfort is so sweet. If isolated from the bigger chicks a mirror and a small stuffed animal or soft blanket will keep it company. That's what we did with our lone chick but it chirped very noisy if we left it alone in a room. It had to follow us around from room to room. At night it cuddled in the blanket next to its mirror and chirped at us in the dark (we kept it in a cage in our bedroom so we could monitor). If we talked softly to it in the dark it chirped back a tiny answer from under its blanket -- we could talk to it at any time of night and it would answer back. So easy to get attached to a house chicken.

The tiny size of that chick would scare the heck out of me.  Looks like it is either suffering a growth impediment and will need extra loving care or else it is healthy and beats the world's tiniest chicken record!  I don't think it will survive the other birds getting bigger faster since I had 2 bantam Silkies that started to get picked on by other larger chicks the same age.  You may have yourself a lone house chicken and putting it on your shoulder in your hair for comfort is so sweet.  If isolated from the bigger chicks a mirror and a small stuffed animal or soft blanket will keep it company.  That's what we did with our lone chick but it chirped very noisy if we left it alone in a room.  It had to follow us around from room to room.  At night it cuddled in the blanket next to its mirror and chirped at us in the dark (we kept it in a cage in our bedroom so we could monitor).  If we talked softly to it in the dark it chirped back a tiny answer from under its blanket -- we could talk to it at any time of night and it would answer back.  So easy to get attached to a house chicken.

I'm starting to think it is a Serama since it's so tiny...Does well with the other chicks, snuggles under their wing like they're momma. The guineas are a bit much for it when they get startled cuz they're so quick n jumpy. Eats well and drinks well. I just hate to put the lil one by itself so monitoring closely and pulling it out to my shoulder when it chirps too much. It just lightly chirps and chatters up there.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think it is a Serama since it's so tiny...Does well with the other chicks, snuggles under their wing like they're momma. The guineas are a bit much for it when they get startled cuz they're so quick n jumpy. Eats well and drinks well. I just hate to put the lil one by itself so monitoring closely and pulling it out to my shoulder when it chirps too much. It just lightly chirps and chatters up there.

I never saw a marshmallow Serama. Do they come in white?

I never saw a marshmallow Serama.  Do they come in white?

It's name is Marshmallow. Yes they come in lots of colors, including white. I'm not sure it's a Serama...Posted in the breed club few days ago. From what I understand they do grow slow and some aren't mature til 12 or 14 months

Last edited:
It's name is Marshmallow. Yes they come in lots of colors, including white. I'm not sure it's a Serama...Posted in the breed club few days ago. From what I understand they do grow slow and some aren't mature til 12 or 14 months

How do you plan to raise it since the other bigger breeds will be tempted to bully it? chickenmon on youtube had a Serama roo that she kept as a house chicken in chicken diapers which she shows how to sew. She kept the Serama in the house because it had foot problems and she had to make booties for it too. She also got it a bantam chicken companion. Talk about going the extra mile for your chicken!

How do you plan to raise it since the other bigger breeds will be tempted to bully it?  chickenmon on youtube had a Serama roo that she kept as a house chicken in chicken diapers which she shows how to sew.  She kept the Serama in the house because it had foot problems and she had to make booties for it too.  She also got it a bantam chicken companion.  Talk about going the extra mile for your chicken!

Waiting to see how it does. Most bantams are fine with full sized chickens, but this one is awfully tiny. At the moment s/he stays with best friend who happens to be a dark Brahma oddly enough. I only seperated her because the 2 guineas in brooder were a lil too crazy..lol. Since putting the lil one and Brahma in own brooder there has been very little hollering, only sweet little chirps as they snuggle.

Back
Top Bottom