Battery Hen Thread!

Before we even get the chance to get too deep - this is probably not the best place to discuss all that, whether you agree with being vegan or not :hugs Why not start a thread in the Misc section? - The brick wall between us and our crazy proselytizing neighbors (they slip all CAPS LOCK leaflets through our letterbox) blew down in last nights severe storm. And at the back of the property, the other neighbor's already sagging fence collapsed. Our own fence hasn't been built yet, or I'm sure it would have come down too! Got to get this place secure before the chickens arrive. First week of March is BUILD WEEK, yay. I'm worried that the neighbors on both sides won't do any repairs, and their unsecured fences will bang into ours once it's finished and cause damage.
I dont think anyone said anything against being vegan its a very good thing to eat well. Its the bully pulpit that peta and green peace uses. If you want to be crazy chicken ladies more.power r to you buti its the extreme thinking chickens hung upside down puts them in a catatonic state and calms them NOT. cruel at all If you want to be vegan vegetarian or carniverious is UR choice is the point but for some of these people to think themselves better or more civil well its silly and when they force.the issue can be dangerous and conterproductive. Thats the point. so if you want to collect stray cats of Batteries good for you. By the.way a.battery is a group of things and since egg layers are packed in large.groups the name is apt

I have 12 ex battery hens and also 9 roos that were slated for the macerator (the idiot actually grabbed them off of the conveyor belt and said ,"here you animal rights vegan rot-for-brains" I was astounded how much all 21 of my rescues grew! And P.S I'm vegan and fighting other people to be so as well. I am normally peaceful, but the meat industry.... that's another story.
I don't think you should try and force your views onto other people. And to be honest we were designed to eat meat, hence the reason we have canine teeth, like any other carnivore/omnivore mammal. I think that the free range meat industry deserves a round of applause for giving us a choice, instead of just battery farmed animals.
If you try to force your views on others, do you try and wrench a worm from your chickens throat and tell it off? why do you not eat eggs, its a bi product and isn't going to turn into a chick if there isn't a rooster to fertilize it. Lets all not forget the thousands of innocent vegetables slaughtered by vegans and vegetarians, plants are alive as well.

I have some ex-bats and they are lovely. They and my pure breeds love catching juicy grass hoppers and worms. I have even caught them running about catching mice and voles, playing with them and then gobbling them up. :) my hens just LOVE the bits of meat that they can catch. They also love king prawns. I did have an over amorous silkie cross battery rooster so I ate him as he was very energetic so had a lovely gamey meat. I crossed my gold laced wyandotte rooster with one of my ex-bat hens and the resulting chick was a buff laced wyandotte. I love my ex-bats and hope to keep rescuing them.

Although his point is rather labered I agree. And here is the roo he mentioned

Last edited:
Are
I don't think you should try and force your views onto other people. And to be honest we were designed to eat meat, hence the reason we have canine teeth, like any other carnivore/omnivore mammal. I think that the free range meat industry deserves a round of applause for giving us a choice, insteAre you trying to force your farmed animals.
If you try to force your views on others, do you try and wrench a worm from your chickens throat and tell it off? why do you not eat eggs, its a bi product and isn't going to turn into a chick if there isn't a rooster to fertilize it. Lets all not forget the thousands of innocent vegetables slaughtered by vegans and vegetarians, plants are alive as well.

I have some ex-bats and they are lovely. They and my pure breeds love catching juicy grass hoppers and worms. I have even caught them running about catching mice and voles, playing with them and then gobbling them up. :) my hens just LOVE the bits of meat that they can catch. They also love king prawns. I did have an over amorous silkie cross battery rooster so I ate him as he was very energetic so had a lovely gamey meat. I crossed my gold laced wyandotte rooster with one of my ex-bat hens and the resulting chic yoyk was a buff laced wyandotte. I love my ex-bats and hope to keep rescuing them.
Are you trying to force your beliefs on others here. That which you complain about? DESIGNED. implies. a creator check your facts before you proscelitize just saying

First off I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone, unlike the person I was responding to, I am fine with people doing what they will and am not going to go round shoving meat into a vegans mouth. As long as they don't force their views on me I'm not bothered.

Second I am not religious and do not believe in a creator. when I said designed I was referring to evolving to be specialized at something, for example after evolving lions are now designed in such a way that they can maximize their meat efficiency, canines for grabbing prey and tearing flesh, and claws for grabbing prey while it runs. so yeah, I have a friend who's a "vegetarian" (I put speech marks as she still eats McDonald's chicken nuggets) I am fine with her choosing not to eat meat. I was merely stating my point. Sorry if it came across as such.

Anywho back to battery hens :)

No apology needed when you say designed rather than evolved it gives a different meaning. Ive come to this conclusion of battery chickens there are 13 Billion chickens est. in the world and if these ladies reallywant ti help hey would focus their efforts on the endangered heritage chickens if they have redeeming qualities in the breed Everyone needs a hobby tho Just keeping you thinking

Back
Top Bottom