Black sex link thread!!! Pics and info!

Pics

I just brought home six black sex linked chicks. I've raised a flock of auacanas, then I raised a flock of salmon faverolle and now I've got these. I'm hoping they are as sweet and productive as my others!

Looking for help with our 3 1/2 week old BSL. She stinks! She smells very sour, the smell coming from her beak. Also her tail and wing feathers are not growing nearly as fast as our other chicks(all different breeds) of the same age. Do they tend to mature more slowly, or so you think she has something wrong with her? I have researched sour crop, but all I can find has to do with older hens, not one this young. I posted on the medical issue page, but no responses. I am very worried about her but she is acting healthy, maybe pooping more than the others, but otherwise her crop feels the same as the others and she doesn't appear to be in discomfort. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

I did assume black sex links had to be black but the gold ones were cute so I went for it. By production red do you mean a form of Rhode Island Red?

Looking for help with our 3 1/2 week old BSL. She stinks! She smells very sour, the smell coming from her beak. Also her tail and wing feathers are not growing nearly as fast as our other chicks(all different breeds) of the same age. Do they tend to mature more slowly, or so you think she has something wrong with her? I have researched sour crop, but all I can find has to do with older hens, not one this young. I posted on the medical issue page, but no responses. I am very worried about her but she is acting healthy, maybe pooping more than the others, but otherwise her crop feels the same as the others and she doesn't appear to be in discomfort. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

Sorry. Not sure what could be wrong with her. Do you have any pics?
I'd recommend giving some kind of liquid vitamins and/or Apple cider vinegar to her. Hope she gets better!

Back
Top Bottom