Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hey, I'm looking to rehome a Blue Laced Red Black Wyandotte cockerel.
He is a beautiful bird located in North Idaho originally out of Foley lines, bred by Chickenhill Farms. Good temperament and not an all day crower.
smile.png
Free, of course, to a good home. Pictures don't do him justice. He's big and about 6 months old.

Hey, I'm looking to rehome a Blue Laced Red Black Wyandotte cockerel.
He is a beautiful bird located in North Idaho originally out of Foley lines, bred by Chickenhill Farms. Good temperament and not an all day crower.
smile.png
Free, of course, to a good home. Pictures don't do him justice. He's big and about 6 months old.

I don't know how much shipping is for live birds but I'd be willing to pay shipping to get him here if it's somewhere in the $35 range. Has anyone on here shipped adult birds before that can give me a rough price range? Of course, assuming you would be willing to ship in the first place.

From TN to ID would be about $45 same with TX but no idea what it would be from one to the other. Shipping depends on the weight and the where and from it is being shipped. USPS has an app and will give you a price but you need to know weight and zip codes of both locations. The boxes run about $10 more. I would figure it based on 10lbs.

Thank you DMRippy. The app says from Twin Lakes ID to here priority mail 2 day with hold for pick up would be $27.95. I'd need to clear it with my husband first but if you are willing to ship him Scott H I would definitely be interested.

Thank you DMRippy. The app says from Twin Lakes ID to here priority mail 2 day with hold for pick up would be $27.95. I'd need to clear it with my husband first but if you are willing to ship him Scott H I would definitely be interested.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.... you are not allowed to ship live birds priority. Would be nice..... they have to go express.

Two weeks have passed, and I'm still unsure of the gender of our chick. Chick is over eight weeks now, and the bird I was sure was a roo I'm now thinking could be a pullet. Could still just be a slower blossoming roo though, but there are no male saddle or hackle feathers yet. All new feathers coming in on it's back are rounded. And I'm thinking more light blue than splash now. This chick does not have the nicer lacing like my other two hens, and really doesn't have that much red at all. Most of the red is in the wing area, is that a roo characteristic? I know in other breeds it is, wasn't sure about BLRWs. I am hoping for better lacing/color as he/she grows, but my other chicks had much better/more lacing at this stage. What do you guys think?

Two weeks have passed, and I'm still unsure of the gender of our chick. Chick is over eight weeks now, and the bird I was sure was a roo I'm now thinking could be a pullet. Could still just be a slower blossoming roo though, but there are no male saddle or hackle feathers yet. All new feathers coming in on it's back are rounded. And I'm thinking more light blue than splash now. This chick does not have the nicer lacing like my other two hens, and really doesn't have that much red at all. Most of the red is in the wing area, is that a roo characteristic? I know in other breeds it is, wasn't sure about BLRWs. I am hoping for better lacing/color as he/she grows, but my other chicks had much better/more lacing at this stage. What do you guys think?

I'm going to say cockerel. The color should come in as it molts, but I've seen many of the splash show more blue/white areas.

Back
Top Bottom