Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I
Two Weeks Old......She doesn't look very "blue"
I have (2) 2 week olds that look the same as yours. The only way I know they are blue is because the breeder I bought these from uses a splash roaster and thus should not have any blacks. I also have some 6 week olds that are feathering nicely. It's amazing the change in just 4 weeks.

Last edited:

Two Weeks Old......She doesn't look very "blue"
LOL!!! You are going to drive yourself crazy. Mine didn't look "Blue" for months. They are just over 3 months now and some of them didn't start "Blueing" until a couple weeks ago. I bet that one is super blue!

This little guy started out really blue. Hate his comb but it's a works in progress.

Some updated pics of my BLRW at 3 weeks. It's amazing how fast some are getting their feathers while others have just a few. I know girls are supposed to feather in faster but still. I've notived two of them have just one really long random feather sitting on top of their other feathers (pics 3&5). I wonder if that is some indication of male vs female.?? Anywho just thought I would share :D

:D

Some updated pics of my BLRW at 3 weeks. It's amazing how fast some are getting their feathers while others have just a few. I know girls are supposed to feather in faster but still. I've notived two of them have just one really long random feather sitting on top of their other feathers (pics 3&5). I wonder if that is some indication of male vs female.?? Anywho just thought I would share :D

:D

They're cute! And at 3 weeks old,they give me hope that the only one I hatched from my ladies is a pullet! This is one at 2 weeks. They are 3 today.

And I have never seen a large feather like that! Are those 2 different chicks?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom