Bonsai trees!

Your parakeet are very pretty. Are you positive they are both male. The top picture is a male, but the bottom one I can not see its cere.

What do you think of this plant/bonsai. BLUE JUNIPER.

It has a very interesting twisted trunk, but in the picture it does not show up.

Yeah, I'm sure. They'd have bred and Bogi (the white one) would've laid eggs by now, they had a fluffy parakeet bed and a bottom with bedding.
That's a very pretty tree, and very beautiful. I love the pot, too! Did you wire it to look like that?

Yeah, I'm sure. They'd have bred and Bogi (the white one) would've laid eggs by now, they had a fluffy parakeet bed and a bottom with bedding.
That's a very pretty tree, and very beautiful. I love the pot, too! Did you wire it to look like that?

Not laying eggs does not mean it is a male. Parakeets/budgies nest in wooden boxes or something similar. People have given my older parakeets they thought were males because they had not laid eggs. In the right environment they soon nested and raised young; one was ten years old when she laid eggs for the first time. Even I was surprised at that considering the age. If you post a picture of the white bird's head I can tell you for sure.

The blue juniper I bought few hours ago at Walmart in the garden center-$3.00 end of season sale. I brought it home trimmed the roots and a few branches and repotted it into a bonsai pot. Slowly I will trim off the extra branches. Check out the prices for junipers of a similar size on ebay. Absolutely unbelievable!

Not laying eggs does not mean it is a male. Parakeets/budgies nest in wooden boxes or something similar. People have given my older parakeets they thought were males because they had not laid eggs. In the right environment they soon nested and raised young; one was ten years old when she laid eggs for the first time. Even I was surprised at that considering the age. If you post a picture of the white bird's head I can tell you for sure.

The blue juniper I bought few hours ago at Walmart in the garden center-$3.00 end of season sale. I brought it home trimmed the roots and a few branches and repotted it into a bonsai pot. Slowly I will trim off the extra branches. Check out the prices for junipers of a similar size on ebay. Absolutely unbelievable!

Okay, I'll take another picture.

Man, that's cheap! Your walmart must be really nice, because my mom looked at ours and it didn't have any, I don't know if it has ANY plants.
P.S. it's really hard to get a good picture of Bogi's face.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll take another picture.

Man, that's cheap! Your walmart must be really nice, because my mom looked at ours and it didn't have any, I don't know if it has ANY plants.
P.S. it's really hard to get a good picture of Bogi's face.

The cere is in shadow, but it does appear to be a male. The ceres on males are either, most common, bright blue or pink, not as common. Hens are whitish blue or tan/brown depending on age and condition.

Every Walmart I have been to, and that's a lot, have a gardening center and sell bonsai. Today, our Walmart had some beautiful gensing ficus (I already have several of those). Actually our Walmart is poor compared to those in bigger cities. It does not carry many items we get when we go elsewhere. No garden center? I don't think there's any Walmarts in Wisconsin that don't have a garden center.

Pretty sure Bogi is a male.

The cere is in shadow, but it does appear to be a male. The ceres on males are either, most common, bright blue or pink, not as common. Hens are whitish blue or tan/brown depending on age and condition.

Every Walmart I have been to, and that's a lot, have a gardening center and sell bonsai. Today, our Walmart had some beautiful gensing ficus (I already have several of those). Actually our Walmart is poor compared to those in bigger cities. It does not carry many items we get when we go elsewhere. No garden center? I don't think there's any Walmarts in Wisconsin that don't have a garden center.

Pretty sure Bogi is a male.

Hmm, maybe the OR walmart is just weird. I haven't seen a garden center, so maybe they still have one.
I got my cider gum Eucalyptus tree seeds!
Okay, thank you!:)

Hmm, maybe the OR walmart is just weird. I haven't seen a garden center, so maybe they still have one.
I got my cider gum Eucalyptus tree seeds!
Okay, thank you!:)

Kimmi tells me that our Walmarts are Super Walmarts and that only Super Walmarts have the garden center. Regular Walmarts, she says, do not have the garden center.

Good luck with the seeds. Take the time to research how to germinate them. Many seeds have special requirements in order to sprout.

Last edited:
Kimmi tells me that our Walmarts are Super Walmarts and that only Super Walmarts have the garden center. Regular Walmarts, she says, do not have the garden center.

Good luck with the seeds. Take the time to research how to germinate them. Many seeds have special requirements in order to sprout.

That sounds like a super hero. :p

I will. I'm really excited, they have blue leaves.

Back
Top Bottom