Brevard County FL Ordinance change

Okay, I'm watching the meeting live, online. How exciting! Well, not what they're talking about, right now, but I'm very excited about being able to hear our case presented to them. Hoping strongly they are understanding and favorable toward allowing backyard poultry. I see they have you guys saved for the very last item on their agenda...hope they're willing to listen and not push you guys out to close up shop. *all fingers crossed*

If anyone else wants to watch, I've posted the link below. Just select the April 3rd meeting link and it'll open up a new window and the live streaming video should play.

http://brevardcountyfl.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx

Last edited:
Excellent thank you!

Okay, I'm watching the meeting live, online. How exciting! Well, not what they're talking about, right now, but I'm very excited about being able to hear our case presented to them. Hoping strongly they are understanding and favorable toward allowing backyard poultry. I see they have you guys saved for the very last item on their agenda...hope they're willing to listen and not push you guys out to close up shop. *all fingers crossed*

If anyone else wants to watch, I've posted the link below. Just select the April 3rd meeting link and it'll open up a new window and the live streaming video should play.

http://brevardcountyfl.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx

Honestly, I'm not sure what happened. It seemed like they cut off at the second-to-last item on their agenda (this Citizen's Request was listed last) and then that was it. Did it happen off-camera? I looked at the meeting's minutes and the documentation is there...but...do we have an answer? Did anything happen? Will anything happen? I looked over the recorded video just to see if I missed it at the end, but no, they just...leave. I'm confused.
hu.gif

Okay, found it approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes into the video. Watching it now; just missed it since I watched the video at a later period.

Last edited:
Just a quick update with more details to follow soon. But the bottom line is the Commisioners have asked for a Staff Report on the topic so the fully understand it before bringing it to a vote.

In all honesty, a Citizens Request before the Commision such as we did typically has two outcomes: 'No' or 'Staff Report'. We got the Staff Report which is good news.

Even better is it looks like we have at least two of the Commisioners willing vote in our favor, one on the fence but seems to be leaning on our side, one just plain on the fence (Commisioner Fisher) and one who opposes backyard chickens regardless (Commisioner Nelson), at least that's my take with the exception of Commisioner Nelson where he left no doubt about his position.

The Staff Report won't be presented until July, mainly due to scheduling and a June recess and well have a vote by the Commissioners sometime after that.

-Toby

I'm so excited! I'm praying this passes! Anything I can do to help I will! Thanks so much for the update- I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on !! :)

Back
Top Bottom