BYC’s BirdTober thread - 2023

Pics
Even if not allowed, I’d love to see it, anyway
Thank you! I would love to share.
I just have some drawings that probably look better than a simple sketch that I would do for some of the birds I would draw.
I have a question.
Am I allowed to use a drawing that I made a while ago?
@RDchicken99, am I allowed to do that?

I drew this before bed (I’m trying to incorporate drawing into my bedtime schedule.)
5FBF3D83-BD0C-48D8-B499-B14A62A75499.jpeg

Awesome drawing! Very accurate. Drawing used to be a part of my bedtime routine as well. I should get back into that.
Thanks! With the higher demands of university life I haven’t been able to experiment as much as last year but I do love the realism I’ve managed with my sketches.

Last edited:
Here are days 1-6 (omitting day two because that was the wood duck I posted earlier) Not my best drawings, they were very rushed.

Day one is a white-eyed vireo, I wouldn’t say they’re my spark birds, but they’re the birds that inspired me to start learning to identify my local species.
Day three is a killdeer, I just think they’re cute :p
Day four is a yellow-billed cuckoo, they’re always talking in the trees around my house.
Day five is a pennant-winged nightjar, and day six is a brown creeper.

55CCE719-E51D-4957-90D6-6E64B47A1B91.jpeg

I think I’ll hold off on the drawings until Sunday/Monday, I’m going to be very busy the whole weekend and I doubt I’ll have the time to draw. I’d like to be caught up so I can do a single better quality drawing a day. I’ll do the unfinished prompts at the end of the month.

Here are days 1-6 (omitting day two because that was the wood duck I posted earlier) Not my best drawings, they were very rushed.

Day one is a white-eyed vireo, I wouldn’t say they’re my spark birds, but they’re the birds that inspired me to start learning to identify my local species.
Day three is a killdeer, I just think they’re cute :p
Day four is a yellow-billed cuckoo, they’re always talking in the trees around my house.
Day five is a pennant-winged nightjar, and day six is a brown creeper.

View attachment 3657312

I think I’ll hold off on the drawings until Sunday/Monday, I’m going to be very busy the whole weekend and I doubt I’ll have the time to draw. I’d like to be caught up so I can do a single better quality drawing a day. I’ll do the unfinished prompts at the end of the month.
Wow, really be hitting them all at once! And I see you followed the weird-winged nightjar theme.

Day 9 - Yumm bugs! (Insectivore)

Every summer we watch the Common Nighthawks migrate south over our house. Their elegant shape and erratic flight style make them one of my very favorites to see in flight.
I painted this in acrylics. The canvas was too big for my liking so I painted a galaxy "mat" around it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdtobernighthawkssmall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom