BYC Café

Trying this tea

DF1F6E42-394C-4890-B4B7-08A915CFCC9B.jpeg
F2416845-C49E-4AFB-8FEB-A0A5254CA71B.jpeg
732F8960-86FB-4417-A51F-43338AE4764C.jpeg
F4FC08EB-41CE-42AE-A937-597CEFEF684D.jpeg

Yeah, that makes sense. All the ones I know are rescues too except Gator we did buy but he was from a BYB.

I don’t really care if they have them or not or would never turn a dog away because of it but every dog I know with them uses them all the time so that’s reason enough for me to keep them lol Plus all the new research coming out about how important they are. At least for active dogs. Which mine would be because I plan on doing agility and/or dock diving plus nose work but that’s not really super active/hard on the body haha
I didn't know people removed the front ones. :confused:

Nahla, my St. Bernard, has big awful floppy ones on her back legs. I wish I would've had them removed when I got her spayed, but she was at a risky age for the surgery and I was already in a panic about that. So...will continue to cut her crazy ass toenails that look like sheep horns :p

:lau

Nahla, my St. Bernard, has big awful floppy ones on her back legs. I wish I would've had them removed when I got her spayed, but she was at a risky age for the surgery and I was already in a panic about that. So...will continue to cut her crazy ass toenails that look like sheep horns :p

I read today that the back ones are not connected to the bone like the front ones are. I have no idea if that's true or not.

I didn't know people removed the front ones. :confused:

Yeah, most breeders do. Not sure why. Maybe tradition I guess? Some say it looks “cleaner” for showing and some standards I think require it but for most I think it is functionality as they can easily get caught on things and ripped off so easier to just take them off. But in future I will leave them I think

I read today that the back ones are not connected to the bone like the front ones are. I have no idea if that's true or not.
I'm not sure either. I felt hers the other night and there is a pretty good sized...tendon? in there. Luckily she's never hooked them on anything and tore it. They do look kind of funny, though!

Back
Top Bottom