BYC Café

Yes....it's depressing sometimes. But as you say, I try to remember that others have tougher things to deal with. My dog and I do therapy work...we visit Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland every Sunday. Families there are guests because they have a child that's being treated at University Hospitals and Rainbows Babies and Childrens....they are dealing with SO much. Recently we met a family of a 5 month old who was going in for his third heart surgery. I have been blessed with a life of good health ....and many of these kids are facing a lifetime of health struggles. So I try to take a day at a time and remember to be grateful for all that I have, and all I am still able to do. Don't mean to be "preachy"....but want to encourage you.
Your are doing a very special service!

It does "wear ya down" after awhile, puts you in a bad mood...or at least it does me. When I get to feeling that way I just slap myself out of it, because there are peeps having alot worse day than I am. ;)
I know what you mean Sean. I am so sick of sinus and ear infections after at least 5 years of it, I could just scream. It really affects my depression.

I know what you mean Sean. I am so sick of sinus and ear infections after at least 5 years of it, I could just scream. It really affects my depression.
I've been dealing with this kinda pain since I was 13, you become very imaginative in ways of dealing with it. :lol:

Your are doing a very special service!
We've done it for 7 years. My dog was born to do therapy work...he's amazing. We used to have 6 hospice patients we visited every week for two years. When that was over we looked for a different setting. We had a request from the Community College and Ronald McDonald House....and so that's what we're doing now. We even did a television spot in December for them which was an great experience.

Attachments

• IMG_2851 (1).jpg
    IMG_2851 (1).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4106.PNG
    IMG_4106.PNG
    606.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom