BYC Café

Yeah I know but I usually forget to eat for a while so then I’m starving and want something fast. :oops:

Like my toast at midnight last night. :lau :oops:

I do cook more lately but even then it’s usually just like eggs (scrambled, omelette, or sometimes fried inside a slice of bread) and/or sautéed spinach or occasionally bell pepper. Or sometimes maybe chicken and some vegetables but that’s really it. I never really cook much complicated or varied whatever haha

And lately, the past week or so, it’s been a lot of carbs. Oatmeal, toast, pancakes, French toast, rice,etc. :oops:

Do need to cut back on that. Maybe starting today. :lau :oops:

But honestly even simple supposedly fast stuff takes me forever let alone complicated stuff. I’m super slow at cooking. :oops:

That makes a lot of sense!! And yeah, when I actually do do it, I like it. Like the other day I made rice and beans with tomatoes and bell peppers and it was really good I thought. I was going to just have eggs again but decided to actually cook haha

So I do like it but I’m also just super slow at cooking and preparing and stuff so even those fast half hour recipes are probably at least an hour or more for me :lau :oops:

Plus standing at the stove and then cleaning and stuff. I get tired. :lau :oops:

Of course I’m also pretty out of shape but still haha

Idk, it’s just like hours of work for not that much benefit or food. :/

But maybe I need to start making bigger portions like that. Probably the same amount of time and might be more worth it.
I’m slow too because I want all the ingredients ready in prep cups before I start. Making at least a double portion doesn’t take very much longer and the you have a super easy dinner another night. Freezing it means it can be up to 3 months later. Next thing you know you’ll have a stockpile of nearly ready meals.

I’m slow too because I want all the ingredients ready in prep cups before I start. Making at least a double portion doesn’t take very much longer and the you have a super easy dinner another night. Freezing it means it can be up to 3 months later. Next thing you know you’ll have a stockpile of nearly ready meals.

I tend to do stuff as I go and then the pan gets too hot or things burn or whatever.. :lau :oops:

Before I do my night rounds (thunder and lightning have joined the party outside now), a bit of humour.
"It's that ******* mouse again!"
It's that feckin mouse again.JPG

"Follow me girls".
Follow me girls.JPG

Always love the pictures, Shad! Sure do have some pretty birds.

I use butter for everything. Once in a while I use olive oil, but butter is...better :p My husband doesn't eat mayo or mustard, so if I don't have room temp butter I have to sub margarine :sick Not a fan.

It's 42° here, by the way. Sounds like snow is in the forecast...

Whiteys' red baby (bred heifer) had a nice black bull calf early this morning. We were just talking last night about what color it would be and she had it a few hours later.

Always love the pictures, Shad! Sure do have some pretty birds.

I use butter for everything. Once in a while I use olive oil, but butter is...better :p My husband doesn't eat mayo or mustard, so if I don't have room temp butter I have to sub margarine :sick Not a fan.

It's 42° here, by the way. Sounds like snow is in the forecast...

Whiteys' red baby (bred heifer) had a nice black bull calf early this morning. We were just talking last night about what color it would be and she had it a few hours later.
That's exciting! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom