BYC Café

Meg, we live at 8600ft but 10,000 is just "over there" and 14,000 is a pretty view in my window, so we kinda have an idea of what is going on "up in the high-country."
It is all in my backyard, so to speak. Still no snow worth much around these parts.
My friend down in TX (Austin area) got a hog yesterday. He hung it outside to freeze and his temps were colder than ours and still are, sadly for many. Those houses are not cold-ready at all!
Hugs, DL!

My friend down in TX (Austin area) got a hog yesterday. He hung it outside to freeze and his temps were colder than ours and still are, sadly for many. Those houses are not cold-ready at all!
Hugs, DL!
Just north of me KS, OK line it's -12 at 9a.m. I was looking at the freeze warning/weather advisory the other morning and it went from Canada to South TX. I laughed saying that it went 200mls south of the Louisiana state line. That's way down there. And to the west 200mls south of the Mexico border.

Thanks for the coffee! I need another cup.

Cold here today, 5" of new snow, blowing and drifting. But now the sun is out! Blindingly bright outside. Maybe hubby will get to play with his Falcon plow when he gets home.

Defrosting my freezer, and I found some good surprises at the bottom. Turkey breast for dinner this week.

Stay safe and warm, everyone. I know lots of people don't have power, and that is just plain scary right now. Please be careful.

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, DL.

Sounds like rough weather all around! We finally came out of it and are well above zero. Felt warm this morning at 24°f. Helped that there was no wind. The powers that be are claiming it'll be 40° by the weekend. I'll take it :D

17 cows left to calve. My husband is thinking about loading up what isn't close and hauling them to the sale. He's ready to be done for the year. He's off to the Mayo Clinic for a consultation on multiple hernia surgery next week. The healthcare around here is a sad, sad state of affairs. Anyway, :fl

Wishing everyone a happy Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom