BYC Café

I was home early from work today so geared up the dogs for a run, opened the door and they bolted out and down the deck stairs.

Piper was is the lead. Bella launched off the deck and landed on Piper and smashed her head/mouth into the flagstone she was on. Piper yelped and stood up with her head and mouth all squirrelly, looking like she was trying to adjust it and she kept licking the right side of her mouth.

I scooped her up, put Bella back in the house and drove straight to my new vet. He examined her much more gingerly and softly than his normal rushed self and said nothing was broken, tooth or bone.

I then cracked. I was so relieved that I practically squashed Piper to death and started crying. Then I had to explain a little of the stress I've been under to let him know I wasn't a complete basket case. It just doesn't take much to push me over the edge these days.
:hugs :hugs

I then cracked. I was so relieved that I practically squashed Piper to death and started crying. Then I had to explain a little of the stress I've been under to let him know I wasn't a complete basket case. It just doesn't take much to push me over the edge these days.
You do realize that it's allowed, understandable and probably good to let your emotions out like that. :hugs:hugsI admire your strength.

Glad that Piper was not seriously injured. Her jaw may be tender for a couple of days.

Glad that Piper was not seriously injured. Her jaw may be tender for a couple of days.
I've been babying her.

She is being careful. She LOVES to bring gutted stuffies to play tug of war. She brought one to me and just set it down, looked at it, looked at me, wagged her tail and laid down and just chewed on it instead.

I wonder if her jaw got a bit dislocated when she was smashed down and she worked it back in place on the way to the vet. She was clearly in distress and a lot of pain when Bella hit her.

Mogwai smashed her knee cap into my footboard when she jumped from the dresser and landed on the bed with her leg fully extended, writhing and wailing. She managed to work the knee cap back in place. She did it over and over again over the years.

There''s never a dull moment with pets or kids. I left the coffee alone today and it didn't help. I've lost track of how long it's been since I went to bed and slept a good 5-6 hours. To many things keeping to many brain cells in overdrive I guess. I will have a good cup of coffee in a few hours sleep or not. Very glad your kids are okay and I know it was serious even though is sounds comical in a way. Sort of what my kids would have done after being shut in during a blizzard. My oldest son used to get to me when the temp would be in single digits and he would get off the bus and walk a hundred yards home with is coat unzipped blowing in the wind. Macho kid.

Back
Top Bottom