Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I swung by there today to pick up a few ducklings, they are swamped lol. There was at least 10 of them there and they all were super busy, chicks and ducklings everywhere. Busy busy business

@jeniferl did your chicks get shipped? I called cackle at 8 am my order was suppose to ship yesterday and did not get shipped I am waiting for a call back from cackle for a explanation and when my new ship date will be
:(

Bloom,
I think the first one is a Red Shoulder Yokohama. I got 3 Yokohamas in my box but all are boys. I got 2 White Yokohamas and 1 Silver Duckwing Yokohama. This is my first time, so I am not sure but looking at it and then googling 6 week old Red Shoulder Yokohamas it seems that is what it is. They get like a walnut comb and have yellow legs. Hens only get about 3 1/2 pounds so they are small birds. Mine are smaller than the welsummers and they are loud. The 2 white ones crow before 4 in the morning.

Bloom,
I think the first one is a Red Shoulder Yokohama. I got 3 Yokohamas in my box but all are boys. I got 2 White Yokohamas and 1 Silver Duckwing Yokohama. This is my first time, so I am not sure but looking at it and then googling 6 week old Red Shoulder Yokohamas it seems that is what it is. They get like a walnut comb and have yellow legs. Hens only get about 3 1/2 pounds so they are small birds. Mine are smaller than the welsummers and they are loud. The 2 white ones crow before 4 in the morning.  

I was thinking last night that if the other chick was a Lakenvelder instead of a bantam then maybe the others weren't bantams either. Yokohama would fit! Looks like I got a couple of them after all. They are just so teeny tiny! I know they are light birds but I thought they would be bigger. My Japanese bantam must be a giant because it is twice their size. Thank you all so much!

I got 56 birds total 4 turkeys, 4 ducks, 11 polish, 2 samon favorelles,2 turkens, 3 easter eggers, and the rest is still a mystery to me!

Back
Top Bottom